Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Question about Background info, More info Requested

Question about Background info, More info Requested

Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

canadianbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about Background info, More info Requested

HI All,
We have had an email from CIC requesting that we fill in Schedule A background declaration question 8, again going back to when my hubby was 18 rather than the past 10 yrs which is how we originally filled it in (I think). I can only guess that he was rather transient living in bedsits and moving around alot until he settled down about 14yrs ago, and that they want us to confirm his long term home address as he left home at 19..is this fairly common practice in such cases?

I am pleased they are looking at the file but worried about the fact he was so transient as a young man !!Oh and I forgot to mention that he cannot remember house numbers or postcodes and has no record of them, he can recall street names but not in what order he lived at those places. Do you think it is wise to write a letter explaining all this, as there are obviously going to parts that don't match with the original application as we had to hazard a guess when he lived at which places, and didn't include all the addresses as he was only at some addresses a few months or staying with friends. They have only asked for us to fill in question 8 so I guess we leave the rest of the form blank? Can we email it to them or should we post it

Thank you
Old Feb 11th 2013, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Background info, More info Requested

You should have filled it in since he was 18. And I can only guess but that's probably why they ask for more info. It says on the form "give details of what you have been doing for the past 10 years or since age 18, whichever period is longer..."

So anybody born prior to 1985 has to fill the details in since they turned 18.

Not sure what impact it has when the original and updated form don't match. You do sign that all info is truthful, complete and correct. So a change of addresses or order of addresses could be a problem. But hopefully one of the experts can give you more info on that.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Hmmmm yes, they have asked for his addresses since 18, doh, didn't read that question very well. I will write a covering letter I guess, hopefully that should iron out any discrepancies.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:18 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
You should have filled it in since he was 18. And I can only guess but that's probably why they ask for more info. It says on the form "give details of what you have been doing for the past 10 years or since age 18, whichever period is longer..."

So anybody born prior to 1985 has to fill the details in since they turned 18.

Not sure what impact it has when the original and updated form don't match. You do sign that all info is truthful, complete and correct. So a change of addresses or order of addresses could be a problem. But hopefully one of the experts can give you more info on that.
Hi not wanting to rock the boat but the schedule A background declaration Q8 asks quote "Provide the details of your personal history since age 18, or in the past 10 years, whichever comes first starting with the most recent information" unquote, so its really asking for 10 years worth of info in most cases unless your are 28 or less, then it will be from age 18? Hope this is right.

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:23 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Hi not wanting to rock the boat but the schedule A background declaration Q8 asks quote "Provide the details of your personal history since age 18, or in the past 10 years, whichever comes first starting with the most recent information" unquote, so its really asking for 10 years worth of info in most cases unless your are 28 or less, then it will be from age 18? Hope this is right.

Regards

Andrew
Nope if you are over 28 then you do it from the age of 18, there was a long discussion not too long about this.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:25 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Nope if you are over 28 then you do it from the age of 18, there was a long discussion not too long about this.
So the instructions on the form are incorrect?
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:29 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

So the instructions on the form are incorrect?
Ambiguous is a word I would use For instance I class what comes first as me being 18, because 10 years ago I was 32
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:35 am
Andrew

Ambiguous is a word I would use
It just seems a bit ridicules to only provide a space that can fit 5 lines of info when most people potentially have 20-30 lines of info, it even states to start with the most recent data?

They must have to send out lots of letters asking for additional info, as I expect most people make this mistake because of the wording of the question. Well they didn't pick this up on my application when it was in Sydney, we will just have to see if it gets picked up in London with all the rest of the applications that are in the same boat.

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Pancakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, as far as I remember we did addresses from 18 and personal history for past ten years ( I can't remember but aren't they separate questions?). Otherwise surely it would say past history from the age of 18 (regardless of your age), and not give you an "option". Anyhow, I guess we'll find out when we finally go in process and get the form sent back to repeat!

Last edited by Pancakes; Feb 11th 2013 at 4:37 am. Reason: typo
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:37 am
Andrew

Ambiguous is a word I would use For instance I class what comes first as me being 18, because 10 years ago I was 32
You said that you class what comes first as when you were 18, but it clearly says "start with the most recent activity"?
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:38 am
Andrew

Originally Posted by Pancakes
Well, as far as I remember we did addresses from 18 and personal history for past ten years ( I can't remember but aren't they separate questions?). Otherwise surely it would say past history from the age of 18 (regardless of your age), and not give you an "option". Anyhow, I guess we'll find out when we finally go in process and get the form sent back to repeat!
Yes defo address since age 18.

Andrew
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:55 am
Sawdust making harpy

You said that you class what comes first as when you were 18, but it clearly says "start with the most recent activity"?
Course it does - start with your most recent address / job and work backwards, much as you would on a CV with work history - you put your most recent one first.

Any extra info went on a seperate sheet with the sentence 'please see attached page/s for history going back longer' on the last line
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Hmmmm yes, they have specifically asked for his addresses since 18, doh, didn't read that question very well. I will write a covering letter I guess, so hopefully that should iron out any discrepancies. I think they have asked as he will not be traceable at any address for about a 10 year period of his life (he is 47) from about the age of 19-29, as he moved and worked all over the place. BUT he will be traceable from 18-19 as he was still living with his parents, I can only presume that's why they want the extra info.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:09 am
Andrew

Course it does - start with your most recent address / job and work backwards, much as you would on a CV with work history - you put your most recent one first.

Any extra info went on a seperate sheet with the sentence 'please see attached page/s for history going back longer' on the last line
Hi,

You might be missing my point, I am only referring to question 8 nothing to do with addresses and yes reverse chronological order, but its only asking for 10 years worth for Q8. Anyway not going to argue the point any longer and will eat humble pie when they request the extra info. However if my information in Q8 is incomplete as you say, then I am surprised that my application was not sent back from Sydney?

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:11 am
Sawdust making harpy

Hi,

You might be missing my point, I am only referring to question 8 nothing to do with addresses and yes reverse chronological order, but its only asking for 10 years worth for Q8. Anyway not going to argue the point any longer and will eat humble pie when they request the extra info. However if my information in Q8 is incomplete as you say, then I am surprised that my application was not sent back from Sydney?

Regards

Andrew
its not a case of wanting someone to eat humble pie, I certainly hope that your application isn't slowed down, I know how tough it is when you send everything you can and they still want more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.