Wikiposts

Query re: PNP

Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:37 am
Asia blue girl!!

jackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to all
Default Query re: PNP

If you are going to Canada via the PNP route, do you need to wait for an LMO? my mate says that you don't thats the glory of the PNP! is this so? Feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:40 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query re: PNP

Once you are nominated by the province, you can request a letter from the province supporting your application for a TWP, which would negate the need for an LMO.

You can then move over on the TWP, whilst London processes the PR part of your application.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 17th 2009, 7:47 am
Asia blue girl!!

jackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to all

Thanks Nikkidreaming that answers my query
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Once you are nominated by the province, you can request a letter from the province supporting your application for a TWP, which would negate the need for an LMO.

You can then move over on the TWP, whilst London processes the PR part of your application.

Hope this helps
Nikki can you do that the other way around? Can I apply for PNP from Canada and then get a TWP afterwards? I'm in Canada with a SOWP, and looking to be more permanent (the SOW runs out in November). My husband (who had the original TWP that got us here) lost his job, but I have a permanent job and would like to extend our stay here.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:54 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nooka
Nikki can you do that the other way around? Can I apply for PNP from Canada and then get a TWP afterwards? I'm in Canada with a SOWP, and looking to be more permanent (the SOW runs out in November). My husband (who had the original TWP that got us here) lost his job, but I have a permanent job and would like to extend our stay here.
the essential sentence in nikki's answer is:
in your case that would mean that your employer has to go through bcpnp with you.
once you've got the ok from the province, you get your lmo-exempt wp at poe (aka flagpoling) and apply for the federal part of pr to london (assuming you are british citizen) or buffalo (visa post for your country of residence = canada).
i've gone that route. i didn't have a sowp though initially but was here on a lmo-exempt wp under a young workers exchange program.

i wonder if the "wp-upgrade"-route would work for you? skipping the provincial process, it might be even faster than the pnp-route. unfortunately i'm not up-to-date with all the ins and outs of it, but sarahbc has gone through it. reading some of her posts might give you an idea about requirements.

good luck!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lof
the essential sentence in nikki's answer is:

in your case that would mean that your employer has to go through bcpnp with you.
once you've got the ok from the province, you get your lmo-exempt wp at poe (aka flagpoling) and apply for the federal part of pr to london (assuming you are british citizen) or buffalo (visa post for your country of residence = canada).
i've gone that route. i didn't have a sowp though initially but was here on a lmo-exempt wp under a young workers exchange program.

i wonder if the "wp-upgrade"-route would work for you? skipping the provincial process, it might be even faster than the pnp-route. unfortunately i'm not up-to-date with all the ins and outs of it, but sarahbc has gone through it. reading some of her posts might give you an idea about requirements.

good luck!
Thanks lof. That certainly sounds worth pursuing. My employer would be happy to support me, I'm not in a major hurry, I'd just like a route that I understand! It seemed to me that PNP is quite useful (and I'm working for a Crown organisation, so I figure it might be quite fast). I'll look at sarahbc's posts too.