query re: medicals

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

lowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the rough
Default query re: medicals

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can put my mind at rest or has been in a similar situation. We recieved medical requests last weds, booked on friday for 14th July at Leeds. In the excitement of getting med requests i completely forgot that i had been to see my own G.P on Monday with a ' woman's problem' and she is sending me for a scan which she said would probably take about 6 weeks to come through, so obviously won't have been done let alone have results by time of medical.

My query is what happens now ? I can't reaarange medicals for after scan as it says to complete before 40 days, plus now booked will cost (admin fees!!) to change. Do they do the rest of the tests but all results delayed until scan completed or what ?

Please if anyone can offer some advice we would be extremely grateful as having really sleepless nights now.

Thanks

Traci
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:00 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: query re: medicals

Originally Posted by lowbo
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can put my mind at rest or has been in a similar situation. We recieved medical requests last weds, booked on friday for 14th July at Leeds. In the excitement of getting med requests i completely forgot that i had been to see my own G.P on Monday with a ' woman's problem' and she is sending me for a scan which she said would probably take about 6 weeks to come through, so obviously won't have been done let alone have results by time of medical.

My query is what happens now ? I can't reaarange medicals for after scan as it says to complete before 40 days, plus now booked will cost (admin fees!!) to change. Do they do the rest of the tests but all results delayed until scan completed or what ?

Please if anyone can offer some advice we would be extremely grateful as having really sleepless nights now.

Thanks

Traci
Do you mind me asking what the 'womans problem' is? If its something simple it probably wouldn't affect the outcome anyway - feel free to pm details if you wish
Old Jun 24th 2008, 1:47 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Dear Lowbo... you may not even get a gynaecological examination anyways...

I do not think it's a must... I am not sure how they do this in the UK... but as far as I know... many women do not get tested or check vaginally... so why worry?

In my case, the doctor just listened to my heart, lungs, felt my tummy, took my blood pressure and asked me questions about my health... that was it! No breast or vaginal exams were involved...

Perhaps if you post the doctor's name here, others can tell you what they normally check for at this particular office... or you could call the doctor's office and ask if they will require a pap smear or not?

When you go for your medical exams, they will give you a form to fill out in which you have to mention any medical problems you may have or had in the past... I guess that if you know you have a serious problem (especially a contagious disease) you are required to disclose that information... I mean, you are not forced to tell the truth but it will be better if you do so...

Good luck with everything!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

lowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the rough

hi YaLily

Thanks for the reply. Its not that I am concerned that I will be examined more that because going for a scan after medical date wouldn't have results for then so not sure exactly how its effects it. However now having read every thread on medicals i think it will possibly just cause a short delay (hoping anyway)

Thanks again

Traci
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:23 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Okay... well, I wish you get good results in 'all' your examinations and tests! good luck!