Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Query: PR application proving High School years

Query: PR application proving High School years

Old Jan 6th 2012, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road
Default Query: PR application proving High School years

Hi

Just a quick query. I am applying for PR under the skilled workers points based system. Since I have a University degree plus high school (so 17 years education experience) this is worth 19 points. However as we don't do High School diplomas like they do in Canada I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems proving their High School education or, like many employers, do they assume that since you have a University degree that you must have completed High School?

Thanks
Mich

Last edited by michty6; Jan 6th 2012 at 4:24 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 5:55 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query: PR application proving High School years

Hi

Originally Posted by michty6
Hi

Just a quick query. I am applying for PR under the skilled workers points based system. Since I have a University degree plus high school (so 17 years education experience) this is worth 19 points. However as we don't do High School diplomas like they do in Canada I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems proving their High School education or, like many employers, do they assume that since you have a University degree that you must have completed High School?

Thanks
Mich
1. No, you don't require proof of high school, if you look at the checklist, it only requires post secondary proof.
2. Since there is no level of education that gives you 19 points, I assume you have a first level University degree, which is worth 20 points.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Yes sorry I meant 20 points.

I was thinking about the line in section (13) of the checklist for the application which stated "You must include evidence of both the total number of years of education along with evidence that the program(s) were completed." but I guess this must be referring to post-secondary programs then?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michty6
I was thinking about the line in section (13) of the checklist for the application which stated "You must include evidence of both the total number of years of education along with evidence that the program(s) were completed." but I guess this must be referring to post-secondary programs then?
It's referring to everything that is in the checklist above under section 13. The checklist specifically states only things like 'post-secondary education documents', 'college or university documents', etc - nowhere on the list above does it say anything about secondary education.

HTH and welcome to the forum.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help
Old Jul 24th 2012, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Rather than start a new thread when this topic has been covered a lot already, I hope you don't mind me resurrecting this one.
Evening all,
I can obtain a copy of my Diploma to prove my education so as I understand, I don't need to prove ALL the Primary/secondary education I have done for FSW or Quebec SW.

However, I believe my wife's highest educational quals are A Levels. Will I have to get copies from the exam boards to prove this, ie must they be included to prove her education? It's me who is the principle applicant but I don't want to risk sending my application off to have it sent back 20 years later when CiC get round to looking at it.

Any help would be very appreciated.