Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Query about what CIC means by "processing"

Query about what CIC means by "processing"

Old Sep 28th 2015, 7:09 am
Just Joined

workpermitwaitmisery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Query about what CIC means by "processing"

Dear all, I have looked through the forum and seen that many users have been working in Canada on TFW permits for a few years. I am in the midst of a long, long wait for a work permit extension and I was wondering if anybody could clarify something about the wait times for me?
My family are expecting me back for christmas but I can't give them answers now, so I am getting a bit of grief!

Currently the wait time says it's just over 4 months 'processing time'. I gather that this is their prediction for 80% of cases, so I'm not expecting anything to happen within that time, but I was wondering:
What do they mean by "processing"?
Is it, that they will have made a decision by that date
or
that they expect that 80% of applicants will have recieved their permit through the post?

Processing is such a vague term that it's hard to make any kind of guesses. Annoyingly I applied for PR a week after my work permit so I wonder if I'll get that first?

I'd be very grateful to anybody who might have an idea of what I should expect, if they can share their thoughts.

Thank you very much for reading!
Old Sep 28th 2015, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

BexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query about what CIC means by "processing"

I am applying for PR from within Canada and the application has been with CIC since October 2014. Apparently the average processing time for 80% of the cases is 14 months, when last measured.
Anyhow, I (and perhaps you?) can check the progress of your application via this link Check your application status. Mine is also "in process", but unfortunately it's unclear what stage you're actually at (see screenshot below):

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.