Queries on yesterday's TWP

Old Mar 13th 2014, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough
Default Queries on yesterday's TWP

We arrived at Vancouver yesterday and following a 2.5 hour wait in a long line got our work permits on back of OH's LMO with no problem.

Two queires that I hope someone can help answer - meant to ask them both at the time, but exhaustion got the better of us and the line was far too long to subject our 3 thirsty and hungry children (and ourselves) to another long wait.

First of all OH is a physiotherapist. On other threads I have read about an exclusion on the work permit relating to health care / childcare occupations. The e-medic form was presented, and no such exclusion exists on his work permit - BUT also not on mine, which is a SOWP. Is this the norm? OH WP has no exclusions at the bottom, I'm not allowed to work in sex trade (wasn't planning to luckily) but makes no mention of medical / child care (also not in the plans anyway).

Secondly it says that it does not authorise re-entry - is this in reference to re-entry following the expiry date OR re-entry during the period of the work permit. ie: can we go off to the States and get back in prior to end of work permit period?

Thanks.

The only exclusion mine has is
Old Mar 13th 2014, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queries on yesterday's TWP

Normally the work permit for those who have not had a medical should have the following conditions
i) For persons from non-designated countries, the following remark should appear on the work permit:
“Not authorized to work in: 1) child care, 2) primary or secondary school teaching, 3) health services field occupations.” and then at the bottom not allowed to work in the sex trade industry

Those that have had the medical the child care, primary or secondary school etc should not be visible.
View this image for those who have not had a medical
http://topcanadavisa.com/en/wp-conte...ork-permit.jpg
Old Mar 14th 2014, 4:17 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sliam37
Secondly it says that it does not authorise re-entry - is this in reference to re-entry following the expiry date OR re-entry during the period of the work permit. ie: can we go off to the States and get back in prior to end of work permit period?
This means the work permit is not a travel document. I.e. if you turn up at the border with just a work permit you may not be allowed to enter Canada. That should not be a problem as you will have your passport which is a travel document.

Assuming you are British then yes, you can go to the States and return to Canada during the term of the work permit.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:25 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my OH have been to Australia and back and no issue with the TWP getting back in.