Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Queries on the self-assessment tool?????

Queries on the self-assessment tool?????

Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice
Default Queries on the self-assessment tool?????

Hi all,

im just wondering how reliable it is as a baseline. I scored 71 on the tool which is 4 over the pass mark and am hoping that it is OK to proceed on this basis?

For example, my wife also has 4+ years work experience - is this likely to bump our points up when it actually comes to be assessed?

Or am i just worrying about nothing. I heard that about 95 % of applicants are successful, bt knowing my luck.....

Sorry for all the stupid questions, but this application process is doing me nut in ! :scared:
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:42 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queries on the self-assessment tool?????

Originally Posted by stuartm
Hi all,

im just wondering how reliable it is as a baseline. I scored 71 on the tool which is 4 over the pass mark and am hoping that it is OK to proceed on this basis?

For example, my wife also has 4+ years work experience - is this likely to bump our points up when it actually comes to be assessed?

Or am i just worrying about nothing. I heard that about 95 % of applicants are successful, bt knowing my luck.....

Sorry for all the stupid questions, but this application process is doing me nut in ! :scared:
Not to scare you too much but according to Andrew Miller 50% of applications are unsucessful!! :scared:
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

brit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Not to scare you too much but according to Andrew Miller 50% of applications are unsucessful!! :scared:

Hi Guys,

I am well aware of Andrew Millers vast knowledge on immigration matters, however I am just curious how he would know that 50% of applications are unsuccessful.

Michael
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice

Originally Posted by brit274
Hi Guys,

I am well aware of Andrew Millers vast knowledge on immigration matters, however I am just curious how he would know that 50% of applications are unsuccessful.

Michael
Sorry, just quoting the Valerie Gerard book which states 90% of skilled worker apps are successful. Don't know whos right anymore, why do they have to make it so hard for us all eh?
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:12 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Michael
To be honest Michael I'm hoping this post will spur him to tell us where he gets his figures from!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

panadol is a jewel in the roughpanadol is a jewel in the roughpanadol is a jewel in the roughpanadol is a jewel in the rough

Only your work experience (as principal applicant) officially counts, unless your wife has worked in Canada. The self assessment tool is pretty accurate if you've diligently scoured the CIC website/ info on how to accurately complete the assessment etc beforehand.

Hi all,

Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

brit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
To be honest Michael I'm hoping this post will spur him to tell us where he gets his figures from!!!!
Hi,

Lets hope so. I just hope this is one time he's wrong

Michael
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 50% refusal rate on a global scale (e.g. people unable to prove their background, failing the background check, or overestimating their language abilities). I strongly suspect it's a lot better than that from the UK... after all, how many people do we hear of who get refused?
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkG
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 50% refusal rate on a global scale (e.g. people unable to prove their background, failing the background check, or overestimating their language abilities). I strongly suspect it's a lot better than that from the UK... after all, how many people do we hear of who get refused?
Hi Mark,

True, you don't hear about too many people getting refused from the UK. Anyway, I don't like talking about refusals and I hope I don't hear about any in the near future especially ones with my name on it

Michael
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mark,

True, you don't hear about too many people getting refused from the UK. Anyway, I don't like talking about refusals and I hope I don't hear about any in the near future especially ones with my name on it

Michael
I haven't heard of anyone being refused on this forum , im sure there are a few, but they would seem to be in the vast minority.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

I haven't heard of anyone being refused on this forum , im sure there are a few, but they would seem to be in the vast minority.

Hi Stuart,

I hope I don't add to the refusals.

Michael