Queries...RPRF, Medicals..

Old Jan 8th 2012, 7:04 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Talking Queries...RPRF, Medicals..

Hi all,
I know there's certain people who can probably give me some answers on these questions, but I don't want to hijack other threads and i've spent quite a while doing a forum search to find the answers and threads that i remember, without much success.

Could you assist me with....
1) The RPRF which is $980 for the both of us...I know that this has to be a bankers draft, but could someone confirm it's a BD in canadian dollars? And not the equivalent Sterling? Can you only draw a BD up through your own bank where you hold an account?

2) Can anyone post me any links to previous threads where people have done write-ups of their medicals experiences..or if you can be chewed, would you mind giving me an idea of what to expect at ours?

By the way, for anyone approaching this stage, I have found quite a price difference with the costs charged by different places. Ranging from the cheapest (£198 ea which we've gone with - at a place an hours drive away), to £280 ea, which was a place 20 mins away on the train. So worth ringing a few places from the list to try get the cheapest, if you don't mind travelling a bit.

Thanks very much
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

msocmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queries...RPRF, Medicals..

Hi

We paid our RPRF in Canadian dollars through our bank (HSBC) where we have an account, as a bankers draft.

Our medicals were about £250 including xrays (these seem to normally be charged separately). We looked around and found a medical at about £180 but the xrays were £100 so ended up more once we factored in petrol!! Ours were done by 24 Nov and we had our visas back on 4th Jan so not big turnarond.

Good luck hopefully you will get it all sorted soon
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:09 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Any fees to the Canadian Govt. have to be in $CDN

You cannot do the equivalent, because what is the equivalent in the morning may not be in the afternoon.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:13 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by msocmac
Hi

We paid our RPRF in Canadian dollars through our bank (HSBC) where we have an account, as a bankers draft.

Our medicals were about £250 including xrays (these seem to normally be charged separately). We looked around and found a medical at about £180 but the xrays were £100 so ended up more once we factored in petrol!! Ours were done by 24 Nov and we had our visas back on 4th Jan so not big turnarond.

Good luck hopefully you will get it all sorted soon

Good luck hopefully you will get it all sorted soon [/QUOTE]

Cheers msomac, so I'm almost 100% certain that the RPRF needs to be paid in $CAD. Thx...
Our meds are £148 ea + £50 ea for X-rays...
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:14 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by Aviator
Any fees to the Canadian Govt. have to be in $CDN

You cannot do the equivalent, because what is the equivalent in the morning may not be in the afternoon.
Ahh just saw this. Cheers!

Could anyone assist with the med details side of this?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by misskatpaw

Could anyone assist with the med details side of this?

Here's my account of my medical - almost 4 years ago now!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ls#post6132786

Good luck!

Adele
Old Jan 8th 2012, 10:27 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by adele
Here's my account of my medical - almost 4 years ago now!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ls#post6132786

Good luck!

Adele
Hi Adele,

Thanks for posting that! Although getting on for four years ago, Leeds still charge the same..£260 and still only do the immigration medicals on Mondays & Fridays!

They couldn't get us in until Feb at the earliest, which is why we decided on Manchester which was also cheaper.

So I imagine the general content of the medical will also be the same!

Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Adele,

Thanks for posting that! Although getting on for four years ago, Leeds still charge the same..£260 and still only do the immigration medicals on Mondays & Fridays!

They couldn't get us in until Feb at the earliest, which is why we decided on Manchester which was also cheaper.

So I imagine the general content of the medical will also be the same!

Good luck! It all seems a very long time ago now since I took my medical, so it's good that I wrote that as I wouldn't be able to remember any of it now! I'm about to celebrate my 3rd Canniversary and start preparing my citizenship application - soon that could be you ;-)

Best wishes with the rest of the process and the move! Where are you headed?

Adele
Old Jan 9th 2012, 11:34 am
Outsyder Adventurer

Originally Posted by adele
Good luck! It all seems a very long time ago now since I took my medical, so it's good that I wrote that as I wouldn't be able to remember any of it now! I'm about to celebrate my 3rd Canniversary and start preparing my citizenship application - soon that could be you ;-)

Best wishes with the rest of the process and the move! Where are you headed?

Adele
Hi Adele,

Initially we're heading to Kamloops, BC as that's where our friends are. But we don't necessarily want to live in Kamloops itself, we want to try & be in a more rural location. You live in the Vancover area I see? Oh and you're a Yorkshire lass...even better!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Adele,

Initially we're heading to Kamloops, BC as that's where our friends are. But we don't necessarily want to live in Kamloops itself, we want to try & be in a more rural location. You live in the Vancover area I see? Oh and you're a Yorkshire lass...even better!

All the best with the move to BC! Yes, I'm in Vancouver - just outside downtown, I love it. And yes, I'm a Yorkshire lass too If there's anything else I can help with just let me know.

Best wishes,

Adele
Old Jan 10th 2012, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

Hi, we had our medicals in Nottingham. Completed medical questionnaire - all standard stuff. Then height, weight, urine sample, blood pressure, sight test, listened to heart and lungs, blood test and chest x-ray. I had a report from my doctor as I am diabetic with all my previous blood results which was worth taking.
I was very nervous, but it really was a very simple process. Good luck with yours.