Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Quebeq - Certificate de Selection and Acknowledgment of receipt

Quebeq - Certificate de Selection and Acknowledgment of receipt

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:08 am
Just Joined

Andrea77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebeq - Certificate de Selection and Acknowledgment of receipt

Ciao… totally new to this forum!

A while ago I have applied for the CSQ and 3 months ago the application fees have been taken from my account which implies that Quebec is now dealing with my application.

However I was under the impression that once money were taken an acknowledgment letter (AOR ????) with a reference number of some sort would have been sent to me advising that Quebec is dealing with my application. After 3 months I still have not received an AOR. Should I expect to receive one? If so how long after money were taken? Or will I just receive a letter with the final decision, interview request or rejection?

Thanks in advance for your help

Andrea
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice
Default Re: Quebeq - Certificate de Selection and Acknowledgment of receipt

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Don't worry, this is perfectly normal. There did indeed used to be a time (over a year ago) when the AOR letter would quickly follow on from your money being debited, however the CSQ process has slowed down considerably (high demend) and it's now normal for several months to elapse between the two. Patience is the word!

Once you get your AOR you'll receive another letter a few months later, as you describe below, i.e. either asking you for an interview, intent of rejection or indeed the actual CSQ.

It's a lengthy process but still one of the quickest ways to PR.

Good luck !
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for clarifying! I will be patient then.... Good luck to you too with the forthcoming move out of England! Ciao Andrea
Old Jul 7th 2012, 6:47 am
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andrea77
Ciao… totally new to this forum!

A while ago I have applied for the CSQ and 3 months ago the application fees have been taken from my account which implies that Quebec is now dealing with my application.

However I was under the impression that once money were taken an acknowledgment letter (AOR ????) with a reference number of some sort would have been sent to me advising that Quebec is dealing with my application. After 3 months I still have not received an AOR. Should I expect to receive one? If so how long after money were taken? Or will I just receive a letter with the final decision, interview request or rejection?

Thanks in advance for your help

Andrea
I guess it's possible it was overlooked or lost in the post or something. I applied for my CSQ in April and got the AOR 6 weeks later. If the money has gone from your account then at least you know they do have the application and have started processing! Woohoo!
Old Jul 12th 2012, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! So typical.... got the AOR yesterday with dossier number etc! Glad it is now all in order and I know they are processing the application! Does anyone has any indication of the likely time between AOR and a decision being made? Thanks to everyone who contributed with your comments and as ever good luck with your application too! Ciao Andrea
Old Jul 12th 2012, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

Great news Andrea! No idea how long it will be until you get the next letter. For us, there were 7 months between the AOR and our interview in Paris, however I believe these timings have increased, but who knows...

We received our COPR last week and are flying to Montreal in two weeks to active them, open bank accounts, etc...

We still have to sell our house though so can't actually move for good just yet

Let us know how you get on!