Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Quebec SW and Nurse Registration Querry

Quebec SW and Nurse Registration Querry

Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec SW and Nurse Registration Querry

Evening All its me again with another question.

As mentioned in a previous post I am considering Quebec as a location. One of the questions asked on the self assessment is:
Do you meet the requirements for registration within this body.

My question is- will that mean NMC registered in the UK, or is it asking if I am actually registered to practice with the Quebec nursing college?

If anyone is, or knows a nurse who has relocated to Quebec could you please shed a bit of light.

Many Thanks
Old Jul 21st 2012, 12:46 am
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quebec SW and Nurse Registration Querry

Let me state now I'm not a nurse or involved in the profession but lived in Quebec for 6 years.

There's two hospital systems the French, and the English (which is actually bilingual).

To practice nursing you have to demonstrate full command of french. the website for the Quebec order of nursing is virtually all in French.

While I lived in Quebec there were many stories of how difficult the French exams were. Often the questions were unrelated to nursing but designed to assess your written french. I don't know if it has changed since I left.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quebec SW and Nurse Registration Querry

Thanks for the reply mate!