Quebec Selection Certificates

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 11:10 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of
Default Quebec Selection Certificates

Hi,

I'm hoping someone on here could help me answer a question that my internet researches haven't helped me with.

Basically, I'm in Montreal on my first working holiday programme and my aim is to work for a year and then apply for a Certificate of Selection of Quebec using the Programme of Quebec Experience route, followed by eventual PR. Does anybody know how long it takes to get a CSQ certificate using the Quebec Experience stream? Does a subsequent PR application get 'fast-tracked' because it's for Quebec or does it stay in its place in the queue behind the other PR applications submitted before?

Also, if I applied for PR using the Canadian Experience class from Vancouver, does the application get fast-tracked for that or does it sit in the normal queue as well?

Not sure if it makes any difference but I'd hopefully be applying for PR from within Canada.

As you might be able to guess, I have a job offer in Vancouver and I'm trying to decide how moving there, as opposed to staying here in Montreal, will affect timescales for PR since that's my ultimate long-term goal.

Thanks for any info you can give!
Cat

Last edited by catpea33; Nov 2nd 2011 at 11:16 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 11:30 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quebec Selection Certificates

Hi

Originally Posted by catpea33
Hi,

I'm hoping someone on here could help me answer a question that my internet researches haven't helped me with.

Basically, I'm in Montreal on my first working holiday programme and my aim is to work for a year and then apply for a Certificate of Selection of Quebec using the Programme of Quebec Experience route, followed by eventual PR. Does anybody know how long it takes to get a CSQ certificate using the Quebec Experience stream? Does a subsequent PR application get 'fast-tracked' because it's for Quebec or does it stay in its place in the queue behind the other PR applications submitted before?

Also, if I applied for PR using the Canadian Experience class from Vancouver, does the application get fast-tracked for that or does it sit in the normal queue as well?

Not sure if it makes any difference but I'd hopefully be applying for PR from within Canada.

As you might be able to guess, I have a job offer in Vancouver and I'm trying to decide how moving there, as opposed to staying here in Montreal, will affect timescales for PR since that's my ultimate long-term goal.

Thanks for any info you can give!
Cat

1. You can compare the processing times between Quebec selected applicants and FSW-CEC applicants here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/perm-ec.asp
2. It would appear that if you are applying for a CSQ and your country of residence is England, about 8-9 months. http://tinyurl.com/6xlub3o
3. Both are normal queue. You know that for CEC class you require 2 years of skilled work in Canada?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 11:51 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

Ok, that's great, thanks for the links! I must have missed them on my searches.

Originally Posted by PMM
Both are normal queue. You know that for CEC class you require 2 years of skilled work in Canada?
Yep, I've been trying to compare timescales between Vancouver and Montreal because I have a job offer for Vancouver and wanted to see how much quicker I could get PR in Montreal if I wait it out. The difference, and that getting the 2 years experience in Vancouver means getting a TWP after my WHP, makes it worth staying here!

Thanks!
Cat
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Have you evaluated your chances of a successful QC application?

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.q...anguageCode=en

It might be worth doing... the results can be surprising.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:19 pm
is awesome

Originally Posted by geedee
Have you evaluated your chances of a successful QC application?

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.q...anguageCode=en

It might be worth doing... the results can be surprising.
I've just done that and I'm eligible right now, even without a job! Hmmm...
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

As you are in Canada at the moment and working in Quebec you should be able to apply in Quebec now.

It is possible that it may be even quicker than others have said to get your CSQ

check out the following link http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...bec/index.html

check for the link for the regular program on this page http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...csq/index.html

So my advice is if you want to stay in Quebec don't wait and get on with it while you can.