Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Quebec Points Calculator (CSQ) Assistance required

Quebec Points Calculator (CSQ) Assistance required

Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

haideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nice
Smile Quebec Points Calculator (CSQ) Assistance required

Hi,

I am from Paksitan and working in Oman. I have planned to apply for Quebec (Immigration under “Skilled Worker”) CSQ. I went through Quebec immigration website and doubted that i am eligible for Quebec immigration. I am confused that When i calculate my points I fulfill the required points but while exploring forums I noticed that French is MUST.

Please find below my details and assist with your expert suggestions.

Eduction:
Degree Name: MSc Computer Science (Pakistan)
Duration : 2.5 Years
Education Year completed: 16+ Years obtained after 2 Years Bachelor Degree( BSc Mathematics, Statistics).

Children: 1

Wife Eduction : MPhil (Pakistan)

Experience: 6 Years

IELTS: Overall(7), Fall in Intermediate.

French : NO

Thanks and looking forward for your reply.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quebec Points Calculator (CSQ) Assistance required

French probably is not a must for you.

Most of the people on this forum are from the UK and go through Paris where they make it an overriding criteria.

Since moving to Quebec, I have met many people who have come from Pakistan without speaker a Word of French. I have also met people from Eastern Europe and South America who have got CSQs with little or zero french. Once they land, they generally sign up for french courses and learn once here.

One guy from the Ukrain said at his interview his was given a list of questions which he just had to answer yes or no to at the interview and the immigration person advised him not to stray from the script.

So my advise would be to go for it, don't be put off by what you read on this forum. You will probably be ok
Old Mar 14th 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to settle in Quebec, then French is a must.

I have met a number of people who have stated that not being able to speak french has meant that they could not find work up to their skill level many are still out of work.

Your Child will be educated in french and life in quebec will be quite stressful for you, as many of the services offered are only offered in french, and you will have difficulties accessing them.

So even if you can get through, take the time to work on your French as it will help you.

Also what has happened in the past for people from Pakistan is no predictor of what will happen in the future.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

haideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nice

Hi Britsnake,

Thanks for your kind advice and you rightly said that to live and work i have to learn french. Which surely i will do.

The only worry was that whether its mandatory to have French knowledge for CSQ application which you have shared that already. So that i should not waste application fee.

To settle in a new country is always a challenge and hopefully i will be able to take this challenge.

I will continue process and share the results.

Regards.