Quebec Nominees...CIC-Berlin.

Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

ayaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec Nominees...CIC-Berlin.

Hello, I am from Pakistan, I have received my CSQ (under the skilled workers category) from the Vienna office in Sept. 2003 and applied for the PR visa to the CIC-Berlin office in January 2004. But so far I have not heared anything from the CIC-Berlin, except the AOR (received in Feb. 2004).
I think for the Quebec nominees, only background and Security checks are conducted by the CIC. The procssing time for the Quebec nominees is give as 6 months, on the official web site of the CIC-Berlin, but I have not received any medical request from CIC-Berlin yet.
Could any expert please explains this, why is it taking so long? Or someone in the same boat would like to share their time line? Regards,

Ayaz
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

prodigy346 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quebec Nominees...CIC-Berlin.

You should fax them to ask. My guess is that they may be conducting your security check first, because it could take a while for you, since you are from Pakistan.

In the fax, explain that you have not received any medical instructions or anything. If this is unusual for them, they will respond appropriately.

Originally posted by ayaz
Hello, I am from Pakistan, I have received my CSQ (under the skilled workers category) from the Vienna office in Sept. 2003 and applied for the PR visa to the CIC-Berlin office in January 2004. But so far I have not heared anything from the CIC-Berlin, except the AOR (received in Feb. 2004).
I think for the Quebec nominees, only background and Security checks are conducted by the CIC. The procssing time for the Quebec nominees is give as 6 months, on the official web site of the CIC-Berlin, but I have not received any medical request from CIC-Berlin yet.
Could any expert please explains this, why is it taking so long? Or someone in the same boat would like to share their time line? Regards,

Ayaz
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:09 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Security check for many Pakistanis may take well over a year to conclude. Berlin will not send you medical forms before completing background and security check.

Ayaz
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for your responses. Today I have received an interview call letter from CIC-berlin. They have invited me to appear for a Fed. interview on 29th Sept. 2004. I already have attended an interview for the CSQ. Normally a CSQ holders are not required to attend the Fed. interview.
What could be the reasons for the Fed. interview? What questions I should expect during the interview? Please answer.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point

Try to get CAIPS. It would show the reason for the interview. Probably they wanted to verify something that cameup during security or background check.

Many thanks for your responses. Today I have received an interview call letter from CIC-berlin. They have invited me to appear for a Fed. interview on 29th Sept. 2004. I already have attended an interview for the CSQ. Normally a CSQ holders are not required to attend the Fed. interview.
What could be the reasons for the Fed. interview? What questions I should expect during the interview? Please answer.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:54 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

There is absolutely no such rule - CSQ holders may be called for interview during federal process as well, although it is rare and under complex circumstances.

Impossible to even guess why you are called for interview and what kind of questions you'll be asked - the only way to try to determine it is to have professional fully assess your entire application package and CAIPS file with processing officer's notes.

Old Jul 15th 2004, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Did they ask you to bring any documents for the interview?

Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by vajra
Did they ask you to bring any documents for the interview?
Yes, they asked me to bring all original documents in support my application, updated proof of funds and a recent PCC from the country of residancy.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Your best course of action would be to get CAIPS, as it may have the officer's note as why you have been called for an interview.

You submitted documents according to the Berlin specific instructions, didn't you?

Yes, they asked me to bring all original documents in support my application, updated proof of funds and a recent PCC from the country of residancy.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by vajra
Your best course of action would be to get CAIPS, as it may have the officer's note as why you have been called for an interview.

You submitted documents according to the Berlin specific instructions, didn't you?
Thanks for your suggestion about CAIPS. Yes I submitted all supporting documents with my Fedreal application, alongwith my origianal PCC and bank statement etc...

Last edited by ayaz; Jul 16th 2004 at 9:01 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

I have recently renewed my passport and extended residancy visa here. Is it Ok, If I inform to CIC about these new docuemnts during my interveiw or Should I send the copies of those document now?