quebec language evaluation!

Old Jul 17th 2004, 6:41 am
Just Joined

lynn23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default quebec language evaluation!

Hello guys,
i have agreen card in US but me and my wife are thinkng about moving to canada.we don't qualify under the federal skilld workers but we do under quebec immigration according to free evaluation on the web site.i downloaded the forms but i don't seem to understand some stuff like?
1: it doesn't require to take some english or french tests like federal immg. requires, so the how do they really evaluate our speaking abilities?
2:when i apply for certificate of selection do i send the imm8 form too or i wait after i get the certificate and then i send application for permanent residence to CIC in buffalo along with certificate.
my wife is saying to apply just myself without her(i still qualify) and after i go and see how life is in canada, she can follow me later on as a family member.it won't raise any red flags if i apply just by myself without my wife?
any input will be greately appreciated.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough
Default Re: quebec language evaluation!

Originally posted by lynn23
Hello guys,
i have agreen card in US but me and my wife are thinkng about moving to canada.we don't qualify under the federal skilld workers but we do under quebec immigration according to free evaluation on the web site.i downloaded the forms but i don't seem to understand some stuff like?
1: it doesn't require to take some english or french tests like federal immg. requires, so the how do they really evaluate our speaking abilities?
2:when i apply for certificate of selection do i send the imm8 form too or i wait after i get the certificate and then i send application for permanent residence to CIC in buffalo along with certificate.
my wife is saying to apply just myself without her(i still qualify) and after i go and see how life is in canada, she can follow me later on as a family member.it won't raise any red flags if i apply just by myself without my wife?
any input will be greately appreciated.
First of all having a green card in the US, is irrelevant to your questions, or/and application.

1) Your language abilities are going to be evaluated by yourself. I applied for the selection certificate and gave myself all English points and intermediate French points. Now the way I backed these statements up was through my education and work experience credentials. Having graduated an American university and having lived in the US for 7 years established my point.

I also had taken courses in French throughout my life and I tried to explain and demonstrate that in the application.

However, everything that I put down for CSQ application was later verified through the in-person interview with the Quebec Immigration officer.

2) I don't remember which one was the imm8 form. Just go to the Quebec immigration page and they have all the requirements there....

3) If you are not capable of understanding or completing the forms yourself, you should think about consulting with Canadian Immigration attorney.

Salut!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 2:59 am
Just Joined

IMM8 is application for permanent residence.the application for certification says to mail the IMM0008 to them, but then it makes no sense, because in the instructions it says after i receive the certification i will have to mail the application(again) to a CIC centre over the place of residence in my case new york.
which one is it?
Old Jul 18th 2004, 3:21 am
Just Joined

and another question real quick,do i have to send them upfront that signed affidavit from a friend or relative or i wait to see if they ask for it.
(If required by the Ministère des Relations avec les citoyens et de l'Immigration (MRCI), you must complete and sign the appended Declaration of relative or friend in Québec (PDF, 61 Kb).

salut!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by lynn23
IMM8 is application for permanent residence.the application for certification says to mail the IMM0008 to them, but then it makes no sense, because in the instructions it says after i receive the certification i will have to mail the application(again) to a CIC centre over the place of residence in my case new york.
which one is it?

Dude,

I don't remember exactly if I filled this form or not. It has been close to one year since I applied for the CSQ. I remember that I was having a hard time trying to figure out exactly what to send, but I finally did it.

Also to answer your second question. When in doubt send everything! So yes send the affidavit upfront. Waiting for them to ask you for it, only delays the process.

My application for the CSQ contained copies of about 80-100 documents, displaying everything since my high school transcripts, college transcripts, professional certifications, work references, business cards, passport, driving licenses, affidavit from cousin in Montreal, birth ceritificates, family certificates, copy of bank account statements, paystubs, tax returns for the past 5 years. I basically included my whole life with this application. I got interviewed in New York last December, and everything went so smooth.

I wish you the best, and let me know if I can answer anything else.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The original poster should also consider what will happen to his green card when he moves to Canada.

It will likely be lost once he no longer lives in the US. He should get some professional advice on this in the US if it's important.

Jeremy

Originally posted by prodigyking
First of all having a green card in the US, is irrelevant to your questions, or/and application.