Quebec - job offer

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:45 am
Just Joined

krazykatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec - job offer

Hi boys and girls,

I'm not British, but I've got a question anyhow. Hope you can help me.

I'm about to send in the Application for Selection Certificate (CSQ) but I have a question.

A friend of mine has her own company in Montreal and is prepared to offer me a job. I'm afraid that it is next to impossible to get it validated by the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés Culturelles because it does not meet all the requirements for validation (in short: it's not the type of job that would be hard to fill with someone local).

Will I still be awarded some credit for the fact that I do have a job offer, even if it is not a validated one? Will it speed up the process or slow it down?

Also, if by some miracle we did find a way around that particular requirement (her business does meet all the other Quebec requirements), does this speed up the immigration process at all?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
Kate
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:03 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quebec - job offer

Originally Posted by krazykatie
Hi boys and girls,

I'm not British, but I've got a question anyhow. Hope you can help me.

I'm about to send in the Application for Selection Certificate (CSQ) but I have a question.

A friend of mine has her own company in Montreal and is prepared to offer me a job. I'm afraid that it is next to impossible to get it validated by the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés Culturelles because it does not meet all the requirements for validation (in short: it's not the type of job that would be hard to fill with someone local).

Will I still be awarded some credit for the fact that I do have a job offer, even if it is not a validated one? Will it speed up the process or slow it down?

Also, if by some miracle we did find a way around that particular requirement (her business does meet all the other Quebec requirements), does this speed up the immigration process at all?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,
Kate
Is it not possible to modify the job description in a way that rules out local candidates? I'm thinking a description that makes it essential for the person to be fluently bilingual and have a strong knowledge of industry X in Belgium.

The Canadian High Commission (embassy) in London pulls that stunt all the time when hiring Canadian staff that would not otherwise be granted work permits by the British government.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:15 am
Just Joined

LOL @ pulls that stunt

The thought has crossed my mind, to be honest. I'm fluently trilingual, and I'm sure that it would be quite hard to find a Dutch, French & English speaking person in Montreal with the same job experience as I have.
On the other hand, my friend and I feel a bit weary about lying though.. I guess we've got a conscience
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:25 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL @ pulls that stunt

The thought has crossed my mind, to be honest. I'm fluently trilingual, and I'm sure that it would be quite hard to find a Dutch, French & English speaking person in Montreal with the same job experience as I have.
On the other hand, my friend and I feel a bit weary about lying though.. I guess we've got a conscience
I don't know what your friend's business is but I'm sure there is potential for it to want to start selling into a country where a strong knowledge of English, French and Dutch is vital.

Throw your conscience in the garbage. Let's face it, the federal and provincial governments here fix job descriptions on a daily basis, to make sure the person they want to hire in a publicy advertised position is the one best suited to the description.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:44 am
Just Joined

This forum is so interesting

I just found out that my job description is on the list of "Occupations under Pressure in Quebec".
(NOC code 2174)
Does it matter if the job that I have been offered will not necessarily be this particular job?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

This forum is so interesting

I just found out that my job description is on the list of "Occupations under Pressure in Quebec".
(NOC code 2174)
Does it matter if the job that I have been offered will not necessarily be this particular job?
You are unlikely to find such detailed advice on an online forum. Maybe find a good immigration lawyer in Quebec?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
You are unlikely to find such detailed advice on an online forum. Maybe find a good immigration lawyer in Quebec?
Thanks JAJ. I'll look into that.