Quebec investment visa question

Old Jan 24th 2020, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

zigg66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec investment visa question

Hello,

I am interested in the Quebec investment visa, however I have a question about one of the requirements:

"Two years of suitable management or business experience within the five years preceding the application"

Does this have to be in a registered company, or can it be as a sole trader too?

Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2020, 1:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quebec investment visa question

Originally Posted by zigg66
Hello,

I am interested in the Quebec investment visa, however I have a question about one of the requirements:

"Two years of suitable management or business experience within the five years preceding the application"

Does this have to be in a registered company, or can it be as a sole trader too?

Thanks
Hi, and welcome to BE. It depends, do you have employees? Most sole traders don't, but if you do then you could meet the requirements (which include proof of HR/managing staff).
Old Jan 25th 2020, 3:36 am
Just Joined

Hi,

So is management of employees a requirement regardless of if the business is as a sole trader or registered company?

"Two years of suitable management OR business experience"

Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2020, 5:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

So is management of employees a requirement regardless of if the business is as a sole trader or registered company?

"Two years of suitable management OR business experience"

Thanks
Can you provide a link, are you looking at the official website? That says "Have management experience for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for selection. This experience must include duties related to the planning, management and control of financial, human or material resources under your authority. "
Old Jan 25th 2020, 5:30 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps one of the other business Immigration programs would suit?
Self Employed - Immigration Québec - Self-Employed Worker Program
Have at least two years of experience as a self-employed worker in the profession or trade you intend to practise in Québec
A lower amount of money is also required - $100,000 nett assets instead of assets of $2million
Old Jan 25th 2020, 5:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Perhaps one of the other business Immigration programs would suit?
Self Employed - Immigration Québec - Self-Employed Worker Program

A lower amount of money is also required - $100,000 nett assets instead of assets of $2million
That’s what I’m thinking too - wondering if the OP is perhaps getting different streams mixed up.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Can you provide a link, are you looking at the official website? That says "Have management experience for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for selection. This experience must include duties related to the planning, management and control of financial, human or material resources under your authority. "
I can't post links yet but here it is:

immigration.ca/how-do-i-qualify-for-the-quebec-immigrant-investor-program-qiip

Even the quote you just provided though says: financial, human or material resources.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 6:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I can't post links yet but here it is:

immigration.ca/how-do-i-qualify-for-the-quebec-immigrant-investor-program-qiip

Even the quote you just provided though says: financial, human or material resources.
OK, so that's not the official site. Do only use the official site, any others may have out of date info (as the one you've quoted does).

You could certainly try applying, but if you're not actually managing any employees, I can't see how you'd qualify tbh, and as Siouxie has said, there's a specific stream for those who are self-employed, so that should be a much better fit.

I assume you're specifically looking to move to Quebec rather than anywhere else in Canada?