Wikiposts

Quebec immigration help Please

Old Jun 5th 2005, 10:15 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quebec immigration help Please

You are confused. Nobody can stop you from moving. You have the freedom of movement. But this right applies only as long as you are a PR or citizen. Freedom of movement has nothing to do with the way you get your PR status - and if you are getting it because you promised to settle in nominating Province and you have no intention to do so then your PR status may be revoked as obtained under false pretenses. Nothing to do with freedom of movement. All to do with how and under what conditions you got your PR status in the first place. Once your PR status is gone Charter of Rights doesn't apply to you anymore.

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Not easier, faster. You're mixing fairplay with the right to go and live wherever you want as a permanent resident. I was referring to this :
http://lois.justice.gc.ca/fr/charte/...ml#circulation
and , I might be wrong on this but doesn't federal law overrules provincal law ?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

What if you land in Quebec and because you can only find a job in Ontario, your family stays in Quebec and you work in Ontario but weekly goes back to Quebec for your family. If this is valid, how would you be able to justify to CIC your intent of immigrating to Quebec.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
By the same token if you changed your intentions then you should return CSQ and re-apply through federal program. You are not a PR until you land and if you change intentions before landing then it is your obligation to return CSQ. If you land in Quebec and shortly after move to another Province, without making any effort to establish permanent residence in Quebec then both, Quebec and CIC may have full right to use the declaration you signed.

More - now the declaration is a completely separate form, not the part somewhere at the end of another form, so nobody can claim not seeing what they sign.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

I think this particular point is vague, but I am sure that signing such declaration does not mean that you must stay in Quebec for the rest of your life, your supposed to immigrate to Quebec as you have met their criteria and went through their selection but if for a reason or another you don;t not succeed in settling down or find any difficulty, then you can move to somewhere else because your Canadian resident after all, the only thing that might be used against you is that if you really "used" the Quebec immigration system to immigrate to other provinces, (I wonder how this can be proven) it would be really interesting if anyone has any report of such cases and what the decision was.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:44 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly my point.

How it can be proven? It is about intentions and effort. If Quebec applicant moves out of Quebec immediately or shortly after landing, without even trying to make an effort to settle and find job there then the case is quite simple. But if the same applicant stays in Quebec, gets his/her place to live, opens utility and bank accounts, starts living there and looking for job but is unable to get a job there and moves after some time then it will not be held against him or her.

What we are discussing here are clear cut cases when applicant applied through Quebec (or other PNP) but after landing didn't make any effort to settle in nominating Province. This kind of immigrants should worry, for years to come. Those who made a serious, well documented effort to settle but it didn't work will be fine.

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
I think this particular point is vague, but I am sure that signing such declaration does not mean that you must stay in Quebec for the rest of your life, your supposed to immigrate to Quebec as you have met their criteria and went through their selection but if for a reason or another you don;t not succeed in settling down or find any difficulty, then you can move to somewhere else because your Canadian resident after all, the only thing that might be used against you is that if you really "used" the Quebec immigration system to immigrate to other provinces, (I wonder how this can be proven) it would be really interesting if anyone has any report of such cases and what the decision was.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

wow!!

Happy to see that my therad is still alive and helping people. Well i am counting my days backwards at you see in my time below I am landing on 5th July. Wish me luck guys.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

hey bhalerao, can you share your timeline for obtaining your CSQ?
Cheers,

Originally Posted by bhalerao
wow!!

Happy to see that my therad is still alive and helping people. Well i am counting my days backwards at you see in my time below I am landing on 5th July. Wish me luck guys.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

MarkS is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
hey bhalerao, can you share your timeline for obtaining your CSQ?
Cheers,
I just got mine. It took almost 2 months to approve me for CSQ (+1 month to send me the forms).
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Quinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant future

Interesting reading this post!

In short I think that Andrew's post in general make the most sense.

But what confuses me . . . WHY would anyone want to LEAVE 'La Belle Province'? It is the largest of all the provinces has an amazing variety of landscapes and geographical features, has the extra interest/excitement of french culture and it has One of the most modern, dynamic of cities in Montreal and moreover perhaps the most historic and culturally interesting cities in all of North America in the form of Québec City.

Add to all this the cheap land, affordable housing, great standard of living (Québec was recentley assessed as the best place in Canada to raise a family) and I really can't see why anyone would want to leave it for say the flat plains of Manitoba etc.

I am biased of course as my wife is from the province and having spent around 8 - 10 weeks a year there for the last few years. I LOVE IT!

Originally Posted by bhalerao
wow!!

Happy to see that my thread is still alive and helping people. Well i am counting my days backwards at you see in my time below I am landing on 5th July. Wish me luck guys.
- all the best bhalero - where are you going to be in the province? - Montreal?

You will land around 3 weeks before me!

best wishes/ bonne chance!

M.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Don't know if you can read French, but here's something funny about Québec I found on the net, Looks like an African from Senegal wrote it :

JOURNAL D'UN EMMENAGEMENT AU CANADA...

12 août

On a emménagé aujourd'hui dans notre nouvelle maison, dans un Canada ensoleillé. Cet endroit est vraiment magnifique. Les montagnes sont si majestueuses. Je suis impatient de les voir couvertes de neige. J'adore cet endroit.

14 octobre

Le Québec est l'endroit le plus beau de la planète. Les feuillages passent par toutes les nuances du rouge et de l'orange. Je suis allé en promenade dans ces belles montagnes et j'ai aperçu des rennes. Ils sont tellement gracieux. Ce sont sans doute les animaux les plus merveilleux sur terre. J'ai l'impression d'être au Paradis. J'adore cet endroit.

11 novembre

Bientôt l'ouverture de la chasse aux rennes. J'ai du mal ê imaginer qu'on puisse tuer des créatures aussi adorables. J'espère qu'il va bientôt neiger. J'adore cet endroit.

2 décembre

Il a neigé cette nuit. Au réveil, j'ai vu que tout était recouvert de blanc. On dirait une carte postale. Nous sommes sortis pour déblayer la neige sur les marches et nous avons dégagé le chemin d'accès ê la pelle. Nous avons fait une bataille de boules de neige (j'ai gagné), mais quand le chasse-neige est passé, nous avons du reprendre les pelles. Quel endroit merveilleux. J'adore le Canada.

12 décembre

Encore de la neige, cette nuit. J'adore. Le chasse-neige nous a refait une farce en encombrant le chemin. J'adore cet endroit.

19 décembre

Encore de la neige, cette nuit. Je n'ai pas pu aller travailler. Le chemin était obstrué par la neige. Je suis exténué ê force de pelleter. Enfoiré de chasse-neige.

22 décembre

Cette merde blanche est encore tombée toute la nuit. J'ai des ampoules plein les mains ê cause de la pelle. Je suis sûr que le chasse-neige est planqué dans le virage et attend que j'aie dégagé le chemin. Le connard!

25 décembre

Joyeux Noël de merde ! Encore cette saloperie de neige. Si seulement je pouvais mettre la main sur le fils de pute qui conduit le chasse-neige.
Ma parole. Je lui fais la peau, ê ce con. Je me demande pourquoi ils n'ont pas rajouté du sel sur la route pour faire fondre cette putain de glace.

27 décembre

Encore cette merde blanche, la nuit dernière. Je suis resté enfermé 3 jours, sauf pour dégager le chemin ê chaque passage du chasse-neige..
Je ne peux plus aller nulle part. La voiture est enfouie sous un tas de neige. Le gars de la météo dit qu'on doit encore s'attendre ê 25 cm de merde, cette nuit. Vous avez une idée de combien de pelletées ça représente, 25 cm.

28 décembre

Le météorologue de mes deux s'est fichu dedans. Cette fois, c'est plus de 80 cm qu'il est tombé. A ce train-lê, ça ne fondera pas avant l'été.
Le chasse-neige est resté coincé sur la route, et l'autre burne est venu ê la porte pour m'emprunter une pelle. Après lui avoir raconté que j'avais déjê bousillé six pelles en dégageant la neige qu'il balançait dans mon allée, je lui ai cassé la dernière qui me restait sur sa sale gueule.

4 janvier

J'ai quand même pu sortir aujourd'hui. Je suis allé au magasin acheter de la nourriture, et sur le chemin du retour, un con de renne est venu emplafonner l'avant de la voiture. Il a fait 3000 Fr. de dégâts. On devrait
massacrer ces putains de bestioles. Je croyais que les chasseurs les avaient toutes tuées en novembre.

3 mai

J'ai conduit la voiture au garage en ville. vous me croirez si vous voulez: la caisse est toute rouillée ê cause de cette saloperie de sel qu'ils ont mis partout sur la route.

10 mai

Les déménageurs sont lê. On retourne au Sénégal. Je n'arrive pas ê imaginer que quelqu'un de sain d'esprit puisse avoir envie de vivre dans ce pays paumé.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Ibhreem,

My CSQ timeline:

Applied 1st May:
AOR 7th May:
CSQ recv. 15 June.

Cheers
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Quinn,

REad your timeline that says that you have a confirmed job offer. What field are u into?? Can you give me more of your details. If you wish pls forward me your email address. Ya I am going to Montreal. My email [email protected]

Regards...
Amol