Quebec Immigration

Old Dec 3rd 2011, 11:32 am
Just Joined

saifur_ewu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec Immigration

I am Software Engineer and Computer Science and Engineering graduate.....I am from Bangladesh....and I am going to apply Quebec immigration.So,I need few suggestion and help.
My question is-
1.Is software engineer eligible for Quebec immigration ?
2.I have completed DELF A1 and now I am in independent level---So what will be my points?
3.IELTS not good---Speaking and Listening--6,Writing - 5.5,Reading - 4.5
4.JOB experience will be 3 years coming February.
5.I started my job as a software engineer.Some people told me you should show first year as a software Programmer but In our company there is no software programmer position.What to do?
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

andy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quebec Immigration

Originally Posted by saifur_ewu
I am Software Engineer and Computer Science and Engineering graduate.....I am from Bangladesh....and I am going to apply Quebec immigration.So,I need few suggestion and help.
My question is-
1.Is software engineer eligible for Quebec immigration ?
2.I have completed DELF A1 and now I am in independent level---So what will be my points?
3.IELTS not good---Speaking and Listening--6,Writing - 5.5,Reading - 4.5
4.JOB experience will be 3 years coming February.
5.I started my job as a software engineer.Some people told me you should show first year as a software Programmer but In our company there is no software programmer position.What to do?
Hi,

1. Yes that occupation is eligible as Quebec allow any occupation. However, there is a list of 'preferred occupations' which is on the Quebec immigration website which you need to look at.
2. I believe the preferred level of French is 'intermediate'
3. English skills aren't as important as French although you get a maximum of 6 points for English if you're called for interview. You don't need to provide evidence of English results however if you have any results send them for extra points even if not good.
4. They count the experience you have at the time of submitting. However, if called for an interview they will account for the extra experience/time elapsed since applying and give more points.
5. Just write down all your experience exactly how it was at the time. The most important thing is that you have a certain amount of professional (full-time) experience in a certain skill level which is A or B and I believe software engineer is within A or B - probably B so just send contracts/job descriptions if you have them at the time. On the Quebec application you need write down all your job duties anyway.

Hope that helps!
Old Dec 4th 2011, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

I'd advise you to do this online evaluation.... it's direct from the Quebec Immigration department, so there are no agendas.... it will give you a good idea of your chances (via QC).

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.q...anguageCode=en
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

You will not get any points with DELF A1.

DELF A2 is considered basic and DELF B1 is intermediate

Your job title is not important, what is important is your duties. When you apply you will need to provide something from your employer to prove what you do.