Wikiposts

Is Quebec easier to get the PR?

Old Jun 27th 2001, 5:12 pm
Fernando Sousa

I was told that if you apply for the PR on the state of Quebec it could be easier and
faster to get it. Is that true?

Old Jun 27th 2001, 5:48 pm
Andrew Miller

No, it is not 100% true. Some people may find their qualifications better fit for
Quebec selection criteria, while others have better chances under the federal
selection criteria. And the claim about applying for Quebec being faster is also
false. It takes few months just to get CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate) - after
that immigration application must be submitted and undergo standard medical, criminal
and background/security check. Total processing time (CSQ + federal) may take
anywhere from 8 to 24+ months.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
    >

Old Jun 28th 2001, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

lukedulaq is an unknown quantity at this point

The Certificade de Selection Quebec certainly is not quicker
the Quebec procedure certainly is not cheaper.

I want to go to Quebec and therefore I applied via Quebec. It only struck me later that the whole thing was perhaps cheaper and quicker via the federal selection process.

As far as I know and I stand open for correction, there are subtle differences that make it worthwhile to apply via Quebec.

(i) The Quebec government is very keen to see French speakers come and breed. They also understand that many young people do not have the sort of savings that can prohibit perfectly apt potenetial immigrants.
They therefore ask for proof of less money than via the Federal selection process.

(ii) they give points to different things too. like age they are stricter on age than is Canada. They abandoned the prohibited professions list some time last year, and the only prohibited profession is now Doctor of Medecine.

The other subtle difference regards Quebec sovereignty. IF Quebec were to go independant then they will consider all CSQ resident canAdians as ELIGIBLE quebecois, but not the others. THis is of course dependant on there ever being another sovereignty debate (this appears at present to have been put somewhat on the back burner)

The other difference of going to quebec is that if English is not your mother tongue, then you will not be allowed to educate your children in an English speaking school. They will have to attend a French speaking school. This of course is a good thing, because their chances of working and integrating into QUebec are much enhanced if they speak French.

Hope this gives you an idea of the differences.

The other major difference is that Quebec is the only CanadiAN pROVINCE WHERE fRENCH IS THE offiCIAL LANGUAGE. eLSEWHERE IT HAS JOINT STATUS OR NO USED MUCH AT ALL.

i AM BILINGUAL - THEREFORE QUEBEC IS FOR ME.

LUKE.
Old Jun 28th 2001, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

lukedulaq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This is a quote regarding your very question about the Quebec selection process

I FOUND THIS ON A IMMIGRER.COM A FRENCH LANGUAGE FORUM FOR IMMIGRATION TO CANADA, THE GUY WHO WROTE IT SUMS UP CLEARLY THE DIFFERENCES. AS I FOUND IT JUST AFTER WRITING MY MESSAGE IT SORT OF DESCRIBES THE DIFFERENCES FROM A FRANCOPHONE POINT OF VIEW

Pour te donner quelques elements de reflexion a ta question,je vais pouvoir te dire pourquoi j'ai chosi le quebec .

1-Le quebec favorise les francophones.
2-J'avais lu quelque part sur internet, que les services d'immigration a l'ambassade du canada ne favorise pas trop les francophones,bien que le francais et l'anglais sont les langues officiels au canada.
3-Pour le quebec une experience de travail de 6 mois est suffisante pour commencer avec la demande preliminaire sans engages des frais,alors que pour le canada/anglophone il faut payer 300 CAD au debut et ces frais sont non rembourssable par la suite en cas d'echec.
4-C'est vrai que la procedure d'immigration pour le qubec avec ce fameux certificat de selection pour le quebec CSQ est plus longue que pour le canada /anglophone,toute fois ,une integration dans le canada/francophone s'effectue un peu plus vite pour les francophones(c'est mon opinion)
5-Au quebec ,on a l'opportuinite de vivre l'amerique en francais,c'est formidable non?

J'espere bien que mes refelxions et mon choix pourront t'aider a te fixer sur la partie du canada ou tu veux immigrer.

Entretemps,n'oublies que l'immigration canadienne coute un peu chere pour nous africains, il te faut deja une somme min.de 10.000 CAD (+ 2000 CAD pour chaque personne a ta charge)de frais de subsistance sur le territoire canadien(cette somme peut changer d'une region a une autre)en depit des frais que tu engageras pour l'etude de ton document,visite medicale,droit gouvernemental,le visa lui meme coute pres de 950 CAD

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IN YOUR DECISIONS.