Quebec common-law help please

Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:48 am
Just Joined

darkbark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec common-law help please

Hi,

I'm a long-time lurker to these forums, and have not found a post that answers my predicament so I hope someone can help!

I'm a Canadian living in Scotland and I'm sponsoring my girlfriend. We submitted our application to Mississauga in July 2007, and was advised that I met the requirements to sponsor on the 29th August.

From the website our application began processing in London on the 10th September and since then, we've received no word.

On the Canadian application we indicated that we wanted to live in Quebec but I have not heard anything from the MICC either. On the MICC website it says: "Have you received the letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada inviting you to continue your sponsorship process with the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles? If so, download the appropriate undertaking application kit..."

I have not received this invitation though... Is it possible our application has been awaiting the CSQ? Should we send the letter advising that I'm OK to sponsor to the MICC or should we wait for the invitation?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:28 am
Just Joined

deanmotley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quebec common-law help please

im not really an expert on this..but my fiancee moved from quebec to ontario because the quebec people take a lot longer and its a little more expensive,,from what i understand Canada can accept you and then Quebec have to go through it all again...

you would have thought that Canada itself took precedent over a province,but apparently not..
Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough

Hi Dbark

We are going through the same process to go to Quebec (St. Hyacinthe) and it seems you have missed a little detail.

1. The approval letter from CIC for your sponsorship IS the invitation to apply to MICC (yes I know it does not say so ) this is an error on the website and yes, I almost fell into the same trap.)

When you download the application Kit "A" its states to attach a COPY of the letter of acceptance as a sponsor from CIC. you do not have to wait for an invitation as it will never come.

Be careful as some of the application has to be completed in French !!

Good luck
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Darkbark, Do you have an E-cas number of file to check your status online.

I think you should rewuest a CAIPS. google this and it will show what stage plus where your situation is.

Also why dont you try to contact London CIC to inquire about your application. In my view it has taken too long and normally it should take between 3-6 in all. Good luck. i am sure someone will come along to help.

Last edited by Biiiiink; Jul 10th 2008 at 1:40 am. Reason: removed link
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dgpondhoppper
Hi Dbark

We are going through the same process to go to Quebec (St. Hyacinthe) and it seems you have missed a little detail.

1. The approval letter from CIC for your sponsorship IS the invitation to apply to MICC (yes I know it does not say so ) this is an error on the website and yes, I almost fell into the same trap.)

When you download the application Kit "A" its states to attach a COPY of the letter of acceptance as a sponsor from CIC. you do not have to wait for an invitation as it will never come.

Be careful as some of the application has to be completed in French !!

Good luck
Thanks Hopper, I was afraid this was the case.

Can you help clear up a couple of details so I've got everything right?

1- I should now send the forms from KIT A to the MICC with the copy of the sponsorship acceptance letter and fees
2- The MICC will send a CSQ to London and our Canada application will progress?
3- I've likely wasted months waiting on an application that is not being processed? (rhetorical!)

Thanks again

db
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bflava
Darkbark, Do you have an E-cas number of file to check your status online.

I think you should rewuest a CAIPS. google this and it will show what stage plus where your situation is.

Also why dont you try to contact London CIC to inquire about your application. In my view it has taken too long and normally it should take between 3-6 in all. Good luck. i am sure someone will come along to help.
Yeah, we've been checking online and it says 'In Process'. We've sent a few emails to enquire about our application and we've just received back stock responses advising us to "...please rest assured that we will contact the applicant when we are in a position to proceed with the application."

Good advice on the CAIPS notes... I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Last edited by Biiiiink; Jul 10th 2008 at 1:40 am. Reason: removed quoted link
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough

Hi DB

All correct.

Send the forms to MICC with fees, They process and send to London ( Allegedly within 20 days!! and then London process the PR. London will not process the PR until Quebec agree to select you. ( very rarely refused)

Watch out for the validity of your medicals if you have had them done.

We sent out application to CIC in April 08, sponsorship approved on june 3rd, Kit A to MICC on 1st July. just waiting now. Got a job and we are ready to move.

Pond
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

HiDB

Just an extra note, as far as I am able to find out (PLEASE correct me me ANYONE out there) that because you are applying to Quebec then your case status will NEVER show on ECAS becuase it is not available to Quebec immigrants.

pond
Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much Pond et al.
I'll get my application out to Quebec asap and hopefully get the ball rolling again.