Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Quebec certificate of selection interview postponement

Quebec certificate of selection interview postponement

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Andrea77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec certificate of selection interview postponement

Hi everyone,
I have finally been called to the interview in Paris for the csq but i am unfortunately unable to attend the proposed date as I am out of europe travelling in south America. I have replied to the bureau stating this but had no reply yet. Does anyone know if they allow interviews to be postponed? Also my level of French is high intermediate but my spouses only is basic. Can anyone suggest what level is expected from the spouse? Thanks so much ! Ciao Andrea
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

PzFus is just really nicePzFus is just really nicePzFus is just really nicePzFus is just really nicePzFus is just really nicePzFus is just really nicePzFus is just really nicePzFus is just really nicePzFus is just really nice
Default Quebec certificate of selection interview postponement

Andrea,

I can't comment on the delay of interview - not many Brits will go through the Quebec system as it is heavily focused on immigrants from Francophonie nations.

The language question however I can help with, as the Quebec system is based on the Federal guidance which regulates all immigration. If you are legally married or partners and you are the applicant, then your application is considered largely on your merits.

The Quebec system conducts YOUR Final Determination of Eligibility against a bunch of criteria that are listed here:

http://http://www.immigration-quebec...e-synthese.pdf

Your spouse supports YOUR application by contributing upto 16 of the 127 available points, just by being the right age, with a degree etc. The overall criteria are slightly different to the Federal requirements, but they are still very similar. If YOUR application receives a positive Final Determination of Eligibility, then your partner is included in the overall assesment and pending further processing is admitted to Canada under the same terms as yourself, (This depends on which program you have applied under).

I hope this helps

Bon chance.

DM
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quebec certificate of selection interview postponement

When I came they asked for me to have at least an upper B1 on the European language Scale and for my partner to have the equivalent to A2 or a 5 and 3 on their language scale. But that is no predictor for what they will ask you for. Some have got though with just a basic french ability.

When i applied they said it was about integrating into Quebec society which they said would be impossible for me without a working knowledge of french, or for my wife without basic french. But theire are other factors such as family in quebec, quebec edcation or work experience, or even a job offer which will effect what they ask for.

When we came my partne did not meet their requirements, but they still allowed up to come as I secured a job offer. Before you go, make sure that both of you are attending french classes show them how motivated you are. Be prepared to talk about your plans.

At the moment in Quebec we have a new government who are talking about changing the immigration system.

During their election campaign they talked about a system that favours native french speakers.

So far they seem to be a gouvernement that shoots from the hip. They just announce changes without thought to their implications and then back pedal if necessary.

My advice would be to avoid postponing if at all possible as the longer you wait, the more time there is to move the goal posts.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Hi PzFus and britsnake,

Thanks so much for your v helpful comments, much appreciated.

I feel more confident now regarding the french eligibility and interview process after reading your comments.

I am actually of Italian origins and when i was living in Italy I lived closed to the French Italian border for 21 years hence why i have advanced french skills although i can't be considered Franco-Italian as I fully hold an Italian passport. My partner however have some basic A level knowledge of french but as long as I am the one being asked the questions at the interview I should be fine.

I just hope they agree to postpone it as I really can not change my travel plans, furthermore I am away from the UK for 4.5 months on a work sabbatical and i have all my documents in storage and would be impractical if not at all possible to get hold of the originals requested. I guess it is just v bad timing! Well i keep my fingers crossed and I will keep you posted re the postponement of the interview!

Surely they must be able to re arrange it at least once.

Thanks again for taking up the time to reply!

Ciao Andrea

PS:If anyone has ever managed to rearrange a selection interview for CSQ pls do let me know. Grazie! :-) Andrea
Old Oct 4th 2012, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Gaurav_OT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andrea, I got it postponed 2 years ago but I was in Quebec that time..so it was not an issue to reschedule it...
Old Oct 5th 2012, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Guarav for your info. I will update the thread as soon as i hear back from the Im**************** so that hopefully someone else might find this piece of info
useful! Grazie :-) Andrea
Old Mar 15th 2013, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Hi everyone, just updated this thread for future reference to new users.
It is possible to postpone the interview for QCS - you just have to reply to the email address given and state the reason why you can' t attend. You will not receive a reply immediately but you will be called back after 3 months ish from the original interview date. I came back from Paris last week and my spouse and I both got the certificate - now applying for PR and looking forward to moving to Montreal! Good luck everyone! Ciao Andrea