Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Quebec - can i be denied at the interview if my spouse can't make it with me ?

Wikiposts

Quebec - can i be denied at the interview if my spouse can't make it with me ?

Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Lily2498 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quebec - can i be denied at the interview if my spouse can't make it with me ?

I am applying for QSW and i'm the principal applicant ,we have 73 points without the adaptability points but i heard that i can still be called to the interview , my spouse won't be able to attend interview with me so i am trying to figure a way around this and if it's something that if i show up alone will end up in QSW being denied .Thanks.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice
Default Re: Quebec - can i be denied at the interview if my spouse can't make it with me ?

Hi,

I am not 100% sure, and having had a quick look on the Quebec immigration website I couldn't find confirmation either way, but I think it is a requirement that all dependents and any spouse/common law partners must attend the interview. Amongst other things, that interview is used as a way to assess each person's adaptability and French language skills so it's deemed necessary that everyone on the application should attend. However I have read of cases where video conferences were organised for those who couldn't physically attend.

May ask why your spouse would be unable to go to the interview (don't answer that if you don't want to)? They may be able to accommodate special circumstances
Old Jun 16th 2012, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Lily2498 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quebec - can i be denied at the interview if my spouse can't make it with me ?

Thank you for your reply nerdherd...The issue is that my spouse is out of status in the US but i'm not ,i might not be able to apply through buffalo for the QSW because i see that they will request my spouse resident status papers at the QSW stage so they might return the application if there is papers missing or they will just send it to the visa office serving my country which happen to be my spouse country , i know for the federal part i will be able to go through visa office in the US even though my spouse is out of status .So my main issue is if my interview is out of the US ,my spouse will have to leave and won't be able to get back.