Wikiposts

qualifications????

Old May 5th 2005, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

PoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nice
Default qualifications????

I am planning to apply as a skilled worker (panel beater).my wife is also a qualified pre school leader ,my wife is not planning to work at first due to having 2 young children but may restart her career at a later date.can i still apply using her qualifications even though at first they will not be used?

also do many people apply for pr from within Canada,or is it best to wait till pr is granted and then move over?

thanks
Old May 5th 2005, 7:08 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: qualifications????

HI

Originally Posted by PoolePaul
I am planning to apply as a skilled worker (panel beater).my wife is also a qualified pre school leader ,my wife is not planning to work at first due to having 2 young children but may restart her career at a later date.can i still apply using her qualifications even though at first they will not be used?

also do many people apply for pr from within Canada,or is it best to wait till pr is granted and then move over?

thanks
1. Start reading www.cic.gc.ca the offical website
2. Take the assessment test to determine which person scores the highest as the principal applicant.
3. You can't apply in Canada, you must apply outside Canada.

PMM
Old May 5th 2005, 8:43 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Any one can apply as main applicant, you don't have to do that job when you get there either just when you apply. But you will need the points.
main points for education so wife will need a university or college, degree or diploma, really to get high points. Then points for number of years experience, must be in last 4 years, to get most. So if she has not been working for last couple of years here, she will not score high points.
Points are added for your education but only about 5, to get these you need to have done a levels/college/ uni or an apprentice and have papers to show.
If not then you may find it hard.
They seem tough on the education and work experience points, so try the test for points on the website. 67 is the minimum, but be aware they may put this up at any time, so yo really need a few extra to fall back on in case.
If you have family in Canada you get extra too.

it when uEither one of y

thanks
Old May 5th 2005, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

PoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nicePoolePaul is just really nice

Originally Posted by gooding
Any one can apply as main applicant, you don't have to do that job when you get there either just when you apply. But you will need the points.
main points for education so wife will need a university or college, degree or diploma, really to get high points. Then points for number of years experience, must be in last 4 years, to get most. So if she has not been working for last couple of years here, she will not score high points.
Points are added for your education but only about 5, to get these you need to have done a levels/college/ uni or an apprentice and have papers to show.
If not then you may find it hard.
They seem tough on the education and work experience points, so try the test for points on the website. 67 is the minimum, but be aware they may put this up at any time, so yo really need a few extra to fall back on in case.
If you have family in Canada you get extra too.

it when uEither one of y
thanks Gooding for your reply . wife has nvq 3 in her field also extra qualification in specials needs care so should be ok for her i think.
i see you are also in dorset ?
Old May 5th 2005, 9:05 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

3. You can't apply in Canada, you must apply outside Canada.

PMM
Can't you?

My friends went to Canada on a work permit with BP about 5 years ago, and applied while they were there, and are now permanent residents. They are now sponsoring her parents to join them.
Old May 5th 2005, 1:43 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Can't you?

My friends went to Canada on a work permit with BP about 5 years ago, and applied while they were there, and are now permanent residents. They are now sponsoring her parents to join them.
No. Only spouses of Canadians. She may have applied to Buffalo, when you could apply to offices other than those were you are resident or have been admitted for 12 months.

PMM
Old May 5th 2005, 8:54 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Oh yes we are just along the coast in Weymouth. We are fenced in with tourists now for the summer, so dont leave until they do!! Nvq''s are a strangething as far as Canada immigration is concerned. Did she go straight from school to study? How long for ? it might be worth trying to get her qualifications checked out to the equivalent in Canada, there are a number of sites that will do this for a fee. Then it might be worth putting this in with application. Reason being there are a number of qualifications that Canada does not recognise, in the way we do. They seem to only look at finishing school after A level. If you leave before they do not see it that you finished secondary school. City and Guilds do not seem to be recognised.
It is important that your schooling continue to college or university, without a long gap in between. Also that the college courses were continuous study, not part-time.
If in doubt it might be worth seeking advice from immigration consultants if only to try and confirm education and points. It is a long old struggle only to find out they do not see your qulaifications as someone in UK would.
There are a couple of immigration fairs coming up soon. Maybe worth a visit. One is advertised on this forum I think on main page. it hin it is this Month. CHC London will be there,and you could ask them to work out points. i know someone here did at the last fair and they gave them less than they had thought due to qualifications. I dont wont to dissolution you but it is a long wait at present, and it is a stressful time to say the least, best to ensure you have a rock solid package to send from beginning to be in with a chance in the long haul ahead.

thanks Gooding for your reply . wife has nvq 3 in her field also extra qualification in specials needs care so should be ok for her i think.
i see you are also in dorset ?
Old May 6th 2005, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gooding
City and Guilds do not seem to be recognised.
It is important that your schooling continue to college or university, without a long gap in between. Also that the college courses were continuous study, not part-time.
Not so sure that I agree with you on this one....As a skilled worker myself (Electrician) Most of my qualifications in this field are city and guilds accredited...Now I also have other Qualifications but have NOT used these in my application.
Regards
frankieforehead
Old May 6th 2005, 8:02 am
Here and happy at last

In some cases I am sure city and guilds will be recognised, but along with the whole picture of education, experience and ongoing training or additional qualifications. Electricians will almost always find work, and showing you have had on going experience and training is I am sure a huge advantage to employers, as without it there must be many Canadians that will have an advantage over British trying to seek work.

When there are diplomas, degrees nvq's in just about everything these days I would have thought immigration get an idea as to what is an is not relevant.
There are people on this forum who have not had city and guilds recognised, depends when you took them as well. In some cases they may be in subjects that are not relevant to current occupation either. They say they are internationally recognised, but it appears not always.

I just feel that it may be easier for some people applying now to try and see how their qualifications equate to Canadian system, and show this with application. Many jobs are regulated and / or you have to have minimum experience and qualifications to become registered in some provinces. If people knew this before applying it might help with decision to apply or which person to use as main applicant.

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Not so sure that I agree with you on this one....As a skilled worker myself (Electrician) Most of my qualifications in this field are city and guilds accredited...Now I also have other Qualifications but have NOT used these in my application.
Regards
frankieforehead
Old May 6th 2005, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

I see your point and i have seen a few people that have been turned down on education grounds....I sort of worry about my brother in law as he almost cetainly fits into having qualifications in other areas apart from the work that he has chosen for the last few years.....It would be advantageous if the CHC website could be more specific.