Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Québécois born, living in Vancouver

Québécois born, living in Vancouver

Old Jul 24th 2007, 1:38 am
Just Joined

mrfollowfollow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Québécois born, living in Vancouver

Ok so my situation is that my girlfriend is going to be sponsoring me under the family class visa. We're just in the process of filling out the forms now, and i've noticed that there are different forms for Quebec. My girlfriend was born in Quebec, but at the age of 17-18 moved to Vancouver and lived there until she moved to Scotland, on a 2year working holidaymakers visa, last may (06) We intend to move back to Vancouver with no plans to ever live in Quebec.

So my question is i'm fairly sure she was classed as resident in British Columbia before she left(she had a BC care card, and BC Id), so does anyone know if the forms relevant to Quebec residents apply to our application?

from the way i interpret it, the Quebec forms are only for people who intend living there.

so if this post is a little confusing, or if it has been ansered elsewhere, couldn't really think how to search this query!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:12 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Québécois born, living in Vancouver

Quebec forms are only for use by those who immigrate to Quebec and/or are sponsored by Quebec resident.