Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Québec Immigration (Urgent need of help)

Québec Immigration (Urgent need of help)

Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all
Default Re: Quebec Immigration (Urgent need of help)

Not sure if this helps but I got my CSQ recently after applying as a skilled worker under Occupations in Demand. To the best of my knowledge, part-time work counts but you should put down the number of hours/days and period it took place (eg 20hrs/wk for 6 wks). However I think for the Occupations in Demand, the 6-months experience they ask for has to be related or at least related to what you say you're going to do when you get there. Not sure if this is true, but I think I read somewhere that a postgraduate degree (eg MSc, PhD) can also count as experience as it's effectively training.

Good luck with the application!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:03 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Québec Immigration (Urgent need of help)

Originally Posted by inquirer
Thank You everyone for your responses:

While you've all expressed your opinions, I am still in suspense as my graduation is nearing. Can Dr. Miller clarify this? I would very much appreciate his kindness.

Best Regards,
if u want Mr. Miller to respond, u should post a thread specifically to him!
he is very helpful and would surely answer....
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: Québec Immigration (Urgent need of help)

Dunno if this will help, I applied for CSQ under skilled worker (not in high demant) in quebec immigration office in Damascus, and it took 20 months to be interviewed (you get your CSQ at time of interview). After obtaining CSQ you need to apply in the federal route, but usually quicker.

Originally Posted by amancharan
if u want Mr. Miller to respond, u should post a thread specifically to him!
he is very helpful and would surely answer....