Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Québec Immigration (Urgent need of help)

Québec Immigration (Urgent need of help)

Old Feb 26th 2005, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

inquirer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Québec Immigration (Urgent need of help)

Greetings everyone:

I had a question about the Québec Immigration system. The immigration requires that we have at least six months of full time work experience. However, I have accumulated 2 years of part-time work experience (I am a foreign student nearing his graduation and I speak French fluently) and would simply like to learn if my part time work experience would count or whether it would be deemed as invalid. The part-time work experience that I have mentioned above was done on the campus. I would highly appreciate your inputs.

Best Regards
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:09 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Québec Immigration (Urgent need of help)

Originally Posted by inquirer
Greetings everyone:

I had a question about the Québec Immigration system. The immigration requires that we have at least six months of full time work experience. However, I have accumulated 2 years of part-time work experience (I am a foreign student nearing his graduation and I speak French fluently) and would simply like to learn if my part time work experience would count or whether it would be deemed as invalid. The part-time work experience that I have mentioned above was done on the campus. I would highly appreciate your inputs.

Best Regards
The onus is on full-time experience and part-time experiences or sandwich placements are out of context! moreover, u have done ur work on campus! so, wait until u get a full-time experience.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi:

Thanks for your response. However, I keep hearing conflicting answers about it. One party keeps saying that the part-time experience would count whereas one says the contrary. Are there clear-cut rules defining this?

Regards,
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:14 pm

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

Thanks for your response. However, I keep hearing conflicting answers about it. One party keeps saying that the part-time experience would count whereas one says the contrary. Are there clear-cut rules defining this?

Regards,
go to www.cic.gc.ca and make ur search. u will find enough1
cheers
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi:

Thanks for the site. Yet, I haven't found anything saying that part-time or on campus experience wouldn't be counted. Moreover, are the standards the same for both Québec Immigration and Federal Immigration? Finally, I remember reading something written by Mr. Miller that part-time work experience will be converted to full-time and that it would be counted? Am I mistaken? Sorry for being such a pain with my consistent questions.

Regards,
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:52 pm

Hi:

Thanks for the site. Yet, I haven't found anything saying that part-time or on campus experience wouldn't be counted. Moreover, are the standards the same for both Québec Immigration and Federal Immigration? Finally, I remember reading something written by Mr. Miller that part-time work experience will be converted to full-time and that it would be counted? Am I mistaken? Sorry for being such a pain with my consistent questions.

Regards,
In my opinion, it wont count! My brother applied on skilled category basis and he was asked not to count his part-time Work experience! rest, if u heard Mr. Miller saying that, i would also like his expert opinion on this! keep ur fingers crossed....
Also, Quebec and federal standards are the same! the only difference is that Quebec has been given the right to select its own immigrants; and fr that a Selection Certificate has to be sought!

Last edited by amancharan; Feb 26th 2005 at 6:54 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 11:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amancharan
In my opinion, it wont count! My brother applied on skilled category basis and he was asked not to count his part-time Work experience! rest, if u heard Mr. Miller saying that, i would also like his expert opinion on this! keep ur fingers crossed....
Also, Quebec and federal standards are the same! the only difference is that Quebec has been given the right to select its own immigrants; and fr that a Selection Certificate has to be sought!

Quebec sets its own rules for getting the CSQ - http://www.immq.gouv.qc.ca

Jeremy
Old Feb 27th 2005, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

I see.

By the way, would Mr. Miller mind responding to my post?

Cordially,
Old Mar 5th 2005, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

nilesh867 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Amarcharan,

I have applied for immigration to Quebec under skilled category under the head ‘Occupation in Demand’ and also received file number long back in April 2004. And since then I have been eagerly awaiting a call for interview.

In the process, I have done a vigorous follow up with all the possible related agencies but to no avail. During my follow up I came to know that the Quebec officials didn’t turn up the entire last year. So I urgently need information on when these interviews are going to be conducted next in Delhi ??

So is there anybody who can help me out????

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Nilesh Wagle
Old Mar 5th 2005, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by nilesh867
Hi Amarcharan,

I have applied for immigration to Quebec under skilled category under the head ‘Occupation in Demand’ and also received file number long back in April 2004. And since then I have been eagerly awaiting a call for interview.

In the process, I have done a vigorous follow up with all the possible related agencies but to no avail. During my follow up I came to know that the Quebec officials didn’t turn up the entire last year. So I urgently need information on when these interviews are going to be conducted next in Delhi ??

So is there anybody who can help me out????

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Nilesh Wagle
i duno wat u mean by the query that u put?? but, as far as I know, New Delhi takes upto 36 months to decide if an interview is required or not. if it is, u will be called fr one, otherwise it might be waived.
wat do u mean by saying that " Quebec officials didn’t turn up the entire last year" ?? how is it possible that they didnt turn up the whole year??
anyways, wait fr some time, as its been just 12 months since u applied!!
Old Mar 5th 2005, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

khvganesh is on a distinguished road

HI there,
I am not an expert to answer but I will do my best.
So far in the replies that you got, for some reason, the guys are mixing federal and provinical immigration procedures (Quebec in your case). To my knowledge, for Quebec ( I got through Quebec and then Federal and completed the process long time ago), your part time experience (even if it is as research assistant at a school, graduate) will count as experience as long as you have been paid for that. Even any training you received and paid for during the training will be considered as experience. I believe they use the formula like 2 yrs of part time= 1 year of full time. Since you said you have 2 yrs of part time, you should not have any problem. Moreover, my friend, you speak French fluently, thats the key factor (at least in my case, it was). My suggestion, forget all doubts and go ahead and apply for it. Once you get CSQ, federal will only worry about medical and security. Since you said you are a foreign student, I assumed you are in either Canada or US.

Regards,
Ganesh
Greetings everyone:

Best Regards
Old Mar 6th 2005, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi Amancharan,

Thanks for ur valuable advice.

But there seems to be some confusion. Actually I meant to say that Quebec officials didn't visited Delhi high commission the whole of 2004 for conducting interviews. In short not a single Quebec interview was carried out in last year.

Since Quebec immigration for the asian region is being handled by the high commission in damascus, all my papers are lying with them & Delhi doesn't have any control on the proceedings.

Anyways I know I have to keep my fingers crossed.

Once again thanks!!!

In case I need any help in future, I will contact u.

Regards,

Nilesh Wagle
Old Mar 6th 2005, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Cher Ganesh,

Bonjour!!! J’habite à Mumbai, en Inde. J’ai appliqué pour l’immigration à Québec et j’attends un rendez-vous avec l’officiel de visa.

During my research, I have come across this reply from u meant for some one else. Actually, I feel that ur help would be immensely important to me since u have successfully cleared ur ordeal ‘Québec’.

As per the requirement, I have also taken up a course in French from ‘Alliance Française De Bombay’ & I m trying my level best to improve my French proficiency.

In ur communication u had stated that ur French was very good at the time of interview. So, I wanted to know is how u were able to improve ur French to that level. Actually I m finding it extremely difficult to improve since I m not having enough people around me with whom I can speak in French. So what will b ur advice on this???

And besides this, at the time of interview, do the officials expect us to talk extensively in French or allow some English (in between) also??? J’espère que vous pouviez apprendre mon problème.

Ur guidance would b greatly appreciated.

Merci beaucoup et à bientôt!!

Amicalement!!

Nilesh Wagle
Old Mar 7th 2005, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

Depends on the visa post. Look up at your visa post site. It should take anything between 3-9 months. In my case I got the CSQ in 6 weeks FLAT from Paris. Ur french is quite good except for some things like 'appliqué' not to brag about my french but I think that we never use anything like that in french in france. You could improve your French if you stop translating English to French it dosent sound French!!! Take it easy I no proffesor in French only that I stay in France makes me good at French...

Regards I hope that I have anwsered your query in this conversation.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Thank You everyone for your responses:

While you've all expressed your opinions, I am still in suspense as my graduation is nearing. Can Dr. Miller clarify this? I would very much appreciate his kindness.

Best Regards,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.