Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Puzzled- Question for Mr. Humphries, Mr. Miller, PMM

Puzzled- Question for Mr. Humphries, Mr. Miller, PMM

Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

jpaul is on a distinguished road
Default Puzzled- Question for Mr. Humphries, Mr. Miller, PMM

I have made a few status check on my application, My last check, which I had written about in a previous thread, where I was told by the embassy in my country that the visas were currently finished and so my application was on hold until next year. (This was after being giving 2 dates, the first in September 04 and the other October 04 - this was were the assigned Officer would have looked at my file and now was told that my application is on hold.)

What is puzzling is that a friend of mine with similiar timeline recieved his medicals a few days ago, his educational background is Chemistry, while I am Marketing and Management.

Can this be because of 1 of 2 scenarios:

1. Because of his education his application was given priority?
2. Is it because a diffrent Visa Officer is handling his application?

Thank you guys for your response as usually.

Regards
jpaul
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:13 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Puzzled- Question for Mr. Humphries, Mr. Miller, PMM

Originally Posted by jpaul
I have made a few status check on my application, My last check, which I had written about in a previous thread, where I was told by the embassy in my country that the visas were currently finished and so my application was on hold until next year. (This was after being giving 2 dates, the first in September 04 and the other October 04 - this was were the assigned Officer would have looked at my file and now was told that my application is on hold.)

What is puzzling is that a friend of mine with similiar timeline recieved his medicals a few days ago, his educational background is Chemistry, while I am Marketing and Management.

Can this be because of 1 of 2 scenarios:

1. Because of his education his application was given priority?
2. Is it because a diffrent Visa Officer is handling his application?

Thank you guys for your response as usually.

Regards
jpaul
Issuance of medicals now will not mean that the case is ready for visa this year. There is no reason to hold them up. It is visa issuance that sometimes must be held up to avoid overrunning the target.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Issuance of medicals now will not mean that the case is ready for visa this year. There is no reason to hold them up. It is visa issuance that sometimes must be held up to avoid overrunning the target.
Thank you for your reply Mr. Humphries. But can you suggest any reason(s) as to why I was told that my application was on hold until next year.

Would appreciate your comments.
Thank you again.
jpaul

Last edited by jpaul; Nov 18th 2004 at 4:55 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:11 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply Mr. Humphries. But can you suggest any reason(s) as to why I was told that my application was on hold until next year.

Would appreciate your comments.
Thank you again.
jpaul
I have lost the original thread here and do not know the initial details of your application, particularly when submitted, AOR date and any other communication you have had from the visa office.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

I have lost the original thread here and do not know the initial details of your application, particularly when submitted, AOR date and any other communication you have had from the visa office.
Mr. Humphries this is my application details:

Application submitted to Trinidad - December,03
AOR - January,04 (processing started 4-01-04)
Documentation for additional proof of funds requested - 12-April-04
Document sent : April,04

First status check with the embassy here in my Country and was told my IA would be done - September,04
Second status check was given a BF date - October,04
Third status check was told Visas are finished application on hold until next year.

My educational background - Bsc. Business Management
Dip. Marketing
Technical Dip. Business for Commerce

Experience- Over 4 years Sales & Marketing

(For information purpose - A friend of mine with similar timeline recieved his medical a few days ago)

Mr. Humphries thank you so much for all your responses. I really do appreciate it.

jpaul
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:11 pm

Mr. Humphries this is my application details:

Application submitted to Trinidad - December,03
AOR - January,04 (processing started 4-01-04)
Documentation for additional proof of funds requested - 12-April-04
Document sent : April,04

First status check with the embassy here in my Country and was told my IA would be done - September,04
Second status check was given a BF date - October,04
Third status check was told Visas are finished application on hold until next year.

My educational background - Bsc. Business Management
Dip. Marketing
Technical Dip. Business for Commerce

Experience- Over 4 years Sales & Marketing

(For information purpose - A friend of mine with similar timeline recieved his medical a few days ago)

Mr. Humphries thank you so much for all your responses. I really do appreciate it.

jpaul
You do not mention the medical exam. Did you have one for immigration? If not then you are just in the backlog.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

You do not mention the medical exam. Did you have one for immigration? If not then you are just in the backlog.
This is prompt and efficient. I can't thank you enough Mr. Humphries.
I have'nt had a request for medicals. I am hoping that my application is of a positive outcome.

By the way, is there a specific reason why my friend recieved his medicals and I have'nt? Could it be because a diffrent Officer is handling his case from mine. (worried)

Regards
jpaul
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:11 pm

This is prompt and efficient. I can't thank you enough Mr. Humphries.
I have'nt had a request for medicals. I am hoping that my application is of a positive outcome.

By the way, is there a specific reason why my friend recieved his medicals and I have'nt? Could it be because a diffrent Officer is handling his case from mine. (worried)

Regards
jpaul
At this stage of your application it will be the same officer. When you get the next notification that will likely change.