Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Putting together the documents for PR application - help please!!

Putting together the documents for PR application - help please!!

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough
Default Putting together the documents for PR application - help please!!

Hi all,

I'm just in the final stages of collating all my documents for my PR application....(FINALLY!)

I wondered if anyone had any advice on how to put things together neatly. Did people include contents pages or appendices to indicate what documentation was in the application?

I spoke to CIC who advised me to just put the Document Checklist for my Sponsor first then all of his forms and accompanying documents, followed by my document checklist and then all my forms and documents. They told me not to staple anything or put any plastic wallets etc in....I just worry that it will be difficult for them to follow without a contents page or similar (especially given all the stuff we've included for proof of relationship)

Then it mentions that you have to number all continuation pages - I was thinking of numbering the whole application from start to finish but wondered if that could confuse matters as each of the forms have their own page numbers!!!

Any advice would be great!

Thanks
Suze
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Putting together the documents for PR application - help please!!

get some post-it notes and label each application section with the corresponding number in the application guidelines

keep the individual sections together with paper clips

....what I did anyways

it's a real pain in the a** isn't it, and also the reason so many ppl post on here to tell everyone they've send the bloomin thing off

good luck!
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Hi,

We paperclipped form pages together, and document sections together. Some of our document sections (proof of funds, work experience, eductional documents) we provided an explanatory letter with so used this as the front page of each section, the rest we just paper clipped.

We compiled ours in the following order:

CIO checklist
Forms (including payment form with bank draft)
Photographs in envelopes stapled to the main application form as request
Principal applicant's passport copy
IELTS results
London specific checklist
All other documents paperclipped in sections

We then put the entire thing in a brown envelope and labelled it up as specified in the guide. We only used paperclips and didn't staple anything other than one of our own 2-page explanation letters, and also the photograph envelopes to the application since it actually says "staple".

Hope that helps,
Wayne.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

This is what our 280 pages looked like....Dividers & sub-dividers and elastic bands...
Attached Thumbnails Putting together the documents for PR application - help please!!-12.11-3.jpg   Putting together the documents for PR application - help please!!-12.11-2.jpg  
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Put all ours, in order, in a document wallet with clear pages. Nothing like the size of Robin's though!
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

juicyred is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
This is what our 280 pages looked like....Dividers & sub-dividers and elastic bands...
Robin - that is amazing! I'm sitting here laughing at my Virgo self because I'm thinking that it's a gorgeous piece of organizational beauty!
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Hahaha I was thinking exactly the same thing - my application is definitely not as long as yours Robin, but I am definitely stealing your idea of separating everything using dividers, it looks great!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, they are really helpful!

Suze
Old Sep 4th 2010, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

mperei02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys. I sent my paperwork yesterday..I used folding clips to make two parts for CIO and other Aus lists and used a common clip to hold them both...

did covering letter explaing whats done...I have also added my resume...just in case

Manny
Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by suze_h
Hahaha I was thinking exactly the same thing - my application is definitely not as long as yours Robin, but I am definitely stealing your idea of separating everything using dividers, it looks great!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, they are really helpful!

Suze
It's not the size, it's what you do with it that counts....
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
It's not the size, it's what you do with it that counts....
Considering our circumstances, there was a high probability that we would get rejected, so I am over the moon that all my efforts and organisation and justifications and references to the IRPA have worked in our favour and we are just about through to waiting for ppr.

Who knows just how much of the supporting evidence and documents helped our case, but they certainly didn't hinder it, so if anyone has circumstances that they feel that they can evidence to help their borderline case......then do what we did and cover all possible aspects thought of, and sell yourselves to CHC! It may make the difference.