Put in our TWP forms at last!

Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

AlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Put in our TWP forms at last!

Sorry I've been absent for a while but we have had no internet for about 6 weeks.

We sent off our forms on 17th Sept, they were returned yesterday as two open study permit forms were missing (even though the line they highlighted stated no forms required for children 6-18!) and we had to increase our payment due to these. Any how, sent them back off today with the rest & now crossing our fingers for fast processing as if not sorted by end Dec we will have to move from where we are.

Has anyone else sent one off recently? How have yours been going? Or is anyone about to send theirs?

Now looking forward to having a nose around to see what I've missed out on while I've been gone!
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

AlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond reputeAlmostThere12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Put in our TWP forms at last!

Really sorry I posted in the wrong bit. I was so pleased to back back online & out of the dark ages I got carried away & didn't pay attention!

Now my blinking smilies aren't working. Oh well
Old Sep 27th 2012, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Why didn't you apply for them at POE?

Much quicker... (unless you need a medical for your job)
Old Sep 27th 2012, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Hi

Why didn't you apply for them at POE?

Much quicker... (unless you need a medical for your job)
Hubby is a Nurse so he has to have a medical oh well, we're on the way. Just the constant panic we're feeling now. We have 3 kids and are mostly flying by the seat of our pants! We have no idea how long this will take, where we will stay when we arrive, no idea where we will live if this runs into January......living dangerously! I don't know why but it all seemed so much easier when we went to Australia. Maybe my brain is protecting me from previous trauma but I son't remember being too organised before and everything seemed to fall into place but this time I am terrified it will all come crashing down round me.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Mimzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Put in our TWP forms at last!

Hi AlmostThere12,

We were in the same situation in June, we mailed our application out in May and they returned it unprocessed in June after 1 month asking us to apply for study permit for the kids and pay the extra money. We wanted to be in Canada by July.
We re-sent our application about a day after receiving it and they sent out the medical request towards the end of July (OH is a doctor - so medicals required), we then recieved our approval letters on the 21st of August.
I think you should be ok to move in December, bear in mind that our application was processed in the height of summer, hopefully yours will not take that long.
We have been here for a month now and all is well. So hang in there and go ahead with any plans you can make while you are waiting for CIC to get back to you.
Good Luck.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mimzy
Hi AlmostThere12,

We were in the same situation in June, we mailed our application out in May and they returned it unprocessed in June after 1 month asking us to apply for study permit for the kids and pay the extra money. We wanted to be in Canada by July.
We re-sent our application about a day after receiving it and they sent out the medical request towards the end of July (OH is a doctor - so medicals required), we then recieved our approval letters on the 21st of August.
I think you should be ok to move in December, bear in mind that our application was processed in the height of summer, hopefully yours will not take that long.
We have been here for a month now and all is well. So hang in there and go ahead with any plans you can make while you are waiting for CIC to get back to you.
Good Luck.
Thank you for your reply. Definitely makes me feel a bit better. I hate that I can't book anything as I don't have a date yet. Yours was very quick for the summer. Congrats on your big move & hope you are enjoying it. Where abouts did you move to?
Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Mimzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Put in our TWP forms at last!

We are in Vancouver and it is just absolutely lovely.
We got our letter of approval on 21st August and purchased our tickets the same day. We were lucky to secure 4 seats for the 26th of August.
You can give yourself about 2 months from when you submitted the application and pick some random dates around that time. That is what we did.
You can start shopping around for shipping, schools in Canada if you have not yet started. This will help when the time comes.
Good luck with everything.