Wikiposts

Psoriasis - medical

Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Psoriasis - medical

Has anyone with psoriasis been through the medical? If so, were there any problems?
Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psoriasis - medical

Not heard of anyone who has psoraisis (sorry if i spelt it wrong )

Pretty sure that if the medical condition is going to cost the Canadian Health Service more than $6000 per year for your treatment then you are in trouble.

Would think that this skin complaint would be well under the limit for "excessive strain" on the health service.

Have also seen ages ago people with skin complaints saying how much better their skin has become since moving to Canada. You could also do a forum search for the skin complaint - you never know what you might come up with.

HTH

Gaynor
x
Old Dec 25th 2007, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

A mate's girlfriend has this. Not aware of any problems with the medical, but I will ask. She has received 'normal' GP treatment here without issue, and has been referred for some light therapy which seems to be covered under the Alberta Blue Cross coverage .....
Old Dec 25th 2007, 3:17 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Has anyone with psoriasis been through the medical? If so, were there any problems?
I've got it, (lucky me!! ) I've had it all my life & don't have any treatment for it .......... no problem at Meds, Doc asked if I took anything or had any treatment, that was about it . On the downside ....... it's WAY worse now I'm here ................ when I look like a dropout from the Quatermass experiment I'll seek some treatment!!
Old Dec 25th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for your responses. Think I'll probably be OK then.

I tend to 'self-medicate' so shouldn't cost Canada healthcare too much. Did have light treatment on NHS this summer - amazing - but am thinking of investing in hand-held lamp to avoid the lengthy referral process in future.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hello~
my closest freind in australia has psoriasis, it near covers her whole body except her face. she uses the beach and sunlight to help relieve it. She has been experimenting with creams and things for years. something she has also found helps somewhat is yoga..and meditation... stress is a big trigger for her condition.

of course getting to the beach 90% of the year possible here, except for shorter periods like in the summer month. However a girl i work with she uses a sun bed facility, and it works for her, clears her skin up. i've also noticed a lot of commercials on TV and also searched the web of different lotions etc available over here...i am sending her some to see if they work for her...she hasn't had much success in finding anything that works~ Except as i say above.

all the best to you

maple leaf~
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
From what I've heard from others experiences of medicals, is that if you take all the letters, test results, pieces of paper that you can it will help the doctor with their medical results, and may prevent the need for futher appointments that they may otherwise suggest.

Good luck.

PS my mum has had psoriasis all her life. unfotunmately for her, the skin cells are in such a bad state that she has had 5 cases of skin cancer. each time they have been caught very early and removed, but just becareful with the sunlight treatment.