Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PRTD - waiting for Citizenship and PR renewal

PRTD - waiting for Citizenship and PR renewal

Old Jul 5th 2023, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

merrilyyyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PRTD - waiting for Citizenship and PR renewal

I'm waiting for my PR Card renewal and my Citizenship to be processed but I have a flight to the UK at the end of July for 3 weeks. Is applying for PRTD online when I arrive in the UK my best option to get back into Canada if I don't get my PR card back before I leave? Alternatively I also have a US passport so could I fly UK-US and return to Canada over the land border using my expired PR card instead? I don't trust the processing times for the PRTD as every application I made has taken a lot longer than the posted processing times and I'm getting very frustrated with all the automated systems.

For background, I applied online for Citizenship in March 2022, completed my Citizenship test in October but my Physical presence, Language skills and Prohibitions are still in progress. All IRCC enquiries just state its in progress, but I think its weird that I took the test with the other checks being incomplete. Like others I know a few people who applied 9 months after me and already have their citizenship. I've emailed my MP but I'm out of ideas about how to get any real information. Any ideas?

I applied online for my PR renewal in March this year but it still just says says its submitted and I have no application number. its past the 95 days processing time (way longer than when I applied). Web enquiries state that its in progress but I don't feel confident without any application number. Is it worth waiting for the PR renewal or should I assume I won't get it in time for my trip and start trying alternative options? We are about to give up and cancel the whole thing to be honest!
Old Jul 10th 2023, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

puggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nice
Default Re: PRTD - waiting for Citizenship and PR renewal

we applied for renewal in dec online kept giving errors even though all the documents uploaded i could see them in the file after two rejections i applied by paper in february I am still waiting, we went on vacation in may and ended up losing the weekend away we had booked in toronto on our return and our flight back to new brunswick we had to fly to boston from iceland paying change fees ect and cross the land border the call centre is constantly busy and no one replies to emails i thinks its terrible the lack of communication and accountability mine has been in process since may i mean how long does it take to check a person who has lived and worked at the same places in the last five years and has not left the country, my citizenship has been in process since march 2022 the processing time was 11 months at the time it is now around two years the wait times are ridiculous