PRTD application time

Old Oct 15th 2018, 10:20 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PRTD application time

Sorry to bump this but incidentally how did you manage to get 16 months and multiple entry out of them? Did you include a letter and specifically request that?

I only ask because 16 months seems like an odd amount of time and my OH in particular would ideally need a multiple entry one.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 10:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Sorry to bump this but incidentally how did you manage to get 16 months and multiple entry out of them? Did you include a letter and specifically request that?

I only ask because 16 months seems like an odd amount of time and my OH in particular would ideally need a multiple entry one.

Per this post:
PRTD application time

You write a cover letter.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 10:33 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Per this post:
PRTD application time

You write a cover letter.
Thanks, I had seen that and thought that would be the case, I was just wondering if that was what this OP did specifically, that's all.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

goneforgood is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I've been a bit preoccupied...didn't see your question re: extended visa DG. We wrote a covering letter explaining that the sale of the house might mess with our travelling date, and the fact we will be leaving elderly relatives behind and should an emergency arise we would need to travel at short notice back from Canada, thus multiple entry would be very helpful. The 16 months may have something to do with the passport expiry date.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 8:15 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by goneforgood
Sorry, I've been a bit preoccupied...didn't see your question re: extended visa DG. We wrote a covering letter explaining that the sale of the house might mess with our travelling date, and the fact we will be leaving elderly relatives behind and should an emergency arise we would need to travel at short notice back from Canada, thus multiple entry would be very helpful. The 16 months may have something to do with the passport expiry date.
Great, thank you. The elderly relatives reason is mainly why my OH would need a multiple entry one tbh.

Thanks again and best of luck with your move.
Old Jan 4th 2019, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by goneforgood
Aaaaaand.....it's just arrived! So the 5 working days was spot on! Wow, we are astonished as we were ready for a long nervous wait. Multiple entry and valid for 16 months (arbitrary?) too...after the huge long process of getting the PR in the first place we really weren't expecting this kind of efficiency. We are impressed.
Hello

Ive followed this post as I’m in a similar position, still waiting for PR card after 2x photo rejections, so am really starting to stress over it.

I’ve had a cursory look at the PTRD application guide in anticipation of further delays and have a question. It states that …

If you have been a permanent resident for less than five (5) years
  • you must show that you will be able to meet the minimum of 730 days of physical presence in Canada within five (5) years of the date you became a permanent resident
What kind of evidence do people show that you WILL be able to meet the PR presence criteria?

Thanks

Old Jan 4th 2019, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Warwickbowman

What kind of evidence do people show that you WILL be able to meet the PR presence criteria?

Thanks

By how many days you physically have in Canada since landing and how many more days there are to the 5 years. If its 730 or more then you would meet the obligation. You don't need to show anything just that there are sufficient days left before the 5 years to get you to 730 days or more.
Old Jan 4th 2019, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
By how many days you physically have in Canada since landing and how many more days there are to the 5 years. If its 730 or more then you would meet the obligation. You don't need to show anything just that there are sufficient days left before the 5 years to get you to 730 days or more.
Great, that's easy. Thank you.