PRTD

Old Mar 21st 2023, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Gloriajean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PRTD

Re: Current PRTD processing times from London
I was wondering how I book app to go to London to get my passport PRTD on my passport instead of mailing it in. Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 10:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PRTD

Originally Posted by Gloriajean
Re: Current PRTD processing times from London
I was wondering how I book app to go to London to get my passport PRTD on my passport instead of mailing it in. Thanks
There's no option to mail it anyway, but if you want to submit in person rather than online you need to go to the VAC in London, follow the steps on their website - https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/can/apply-visa

HTH.
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi I have confirmation it’s been approved and now need to send passport to them to add PRTD on passport ! But I want to take it in myself to London I couldn’t get an appointment until one hour before my flight leaves so now I have to rebook my flight ?
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

It’s been 3 months waiting to get approved it’s crazy
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 11:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so if you've got an appointment then you're sorted, but yes, you will need to rebook your flight if it's that close to it. Personally I'd book it for a few days after your appointment just in case of any issues.

3 months is probably because you've been out of Canada for so long, so they're making sure you meet the residency obligation requirements. Once you get back it might be worth applying for citizenship to avoid something like this happening again, and so you can come and go between the two countries as you wish.

Good luck.