Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Provisional Certificate of my Spouse

Provisional Certificate of my Spouse

Old Dec 7th 2011, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Rhasan is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Provisional Certificate of my Spouse

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me Is it okay to submit myFSW application with my spouse's provisional certificate ?? and submit the original when the application is filed in local embassy.

We are trying to get the Original from Backhome as it is a long process to withdraw .

Please advise.

Thanks

Rhasan
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Provisional Certificate of my Spouse

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 'provisional certificate'? Do you mean birth certificate, marriage certificate, degree certificate, or ?????

If you can clarify, hopefully we can help.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:43 am
Just Joined

sorry it is degree Provisional certificate . Please advise.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhasan
sorry it is degree Provisional certificate . Please advise.
Depends if you need the points from your spouse's education then - if you do, then you must send a notorized copy of the degree certificate, plus original transcripts (in sealed envelope), in with the rest of the documents to the CIO. If you don't need the points, then don't worry about it.

HTH.

Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Post Re: Provisional Certificate of my Spouse

Thanks...but the degree Provisional Certificate was issued by the Uni...we have the original copy of that....do I still need to notary it .... I am not sure where I can notary this document from....I am in manchester ..please help...
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks...but the degree Provisional Certificate was issued by the Uni...we have the original copy of that....do I still need to notary it .... I am not sure where I can notary this document from....I am in manchester ..please help...
OK, so I'm confused what you are asking - you say in your first post that you don't have the original certificate, but then above you say you do? You shouldn't send the original anyway, only a copy. For info on notorizing docs, just search the forum.

But don't forget you must send transcripts as well.They are essential.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for ur reply

sorry for the confusion. I meant to say the certificate is provisional ( hard copy ). do we are applying to withdraw the original from uni.... do I still need to notary the copy of provisional certificate . Can we do it from back home as we sent the certificate my parents...they are trying to get the original from uni...can they notary that in my home country.

Do I need to send original transcripts to CIC at ythe time of Initial application . Please advise.

Cheers
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

sorry for the confusion. I meant to say the certificate is provisional ( hard copy ).
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 'provisional'? Is it a degree certificate or not, and is it original or just a copy? Which country is the degree from? If it's the UK then you probably don't need to worry about notorising it, if it's from a country with a high incident of visa fraud (i.e. Pakistan) then yes, you do. You can get it notorized anywhere, just search the forum for info on notorizing.

Do I need to send original transcripts to CIC at ythe time of Initial application . Please advise.
If you read the document checklist, it tells you exactly what is required for your application, and includes transcripts. So yes, you must send them along with everything else i.e. forms, IELTS result, proof of funds, educational certs, identity documents, photographs, etc.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi

I am not clear after reading the checklist. can you please tell me along with the application form what are the originals that I need to send . I know IELTS,Police certificate , Birth Cert...what about the following

1. Educational Certificates ...copy or original
2. Transcripts copy or original
3 . Marriage certificate..copy or original

will be grateful to u....

thanks