Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Provinical Nominees with recent PPR (London visa office)..

Provinical Nominees with recent PPR (London visa office)..

Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:58 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Provinical Nominees with recent PPR (London visa office)..

Originally Posted by Ducks
Mine came by email only (no letter, at least not yet) from this address: [email protected] The subject line was APPLICATION and then the file number. It came into my inbox but at first glance I did think it was spam. Maybe put that email address into your safe list just to be sure.

I think it took about 7 weeks from my second x-ray to the PPR, but I had mine done in Canada and the Dr seemed to think that would make it quicker (no idea if that's actually true).

Fingers crossed that you get it soon!
Oooh, what did the e-mail say exactly? You can tell I hate surprises
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the info And so begins what will probably be many weeks of daily email checking!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Ducks will become famous soon enoughDucks will become famous soon enough

Yep, you're right, it was the DMP that picked up my x-ray "problem". There was a shadow, so they just sent me back for another from a different angle and the shadow was gone. Apparently that's fairly common. I'm glad they picked it up before it got to CIC though!

This is what the email said:
Good morning,

I refer to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please refer to the attached document regarding the submission of your passport and additional items. It is important that you follow the attached instructions carefully and return the requested documents to the attention of PHEP PROCESSING at the address listed below within 45 days.

...then the attachment (which is mostly just instructions) said:
Your application has reached the final stage of processing. So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, you must now submit the documents listed below...

I hope this doesn't ruin the surprise, it was a pretty dull email really, almost disappointing. And like everything else still leaves me wondering if I'm interpreting it right. I've never been such a nervous wreck as I am through this process!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:31 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ducks
I hope this doesn't ruin the surprise
Hell no! Never could be one to stay in suspense for long Thanks for sharing and congrats again

Izzi - You're next I can totally feel it! I know exactly how you must be feeling with the butterflies starting to come back to life in your stomach again but not much longer to go
Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I've dug out this thread as it seems the best place to put this... I seem to be really struggling today. Logically there is nothing dire to worry about - I know there has been some movement in the last couple of days with people getting passport requests, but they all seem to be a little ahead of us timewise so it makes sense. I'm just stressing about them not registering receipt of our RPRF payment. I sent it at least 2 weeks ago, special delivery, and confirmed delivery online. However, despite my meticulous filing of *everything* in this process, the one thing I can't put my hands on is the receipt for posting, just to double check! They did say in their email asking for RPRF that they were getting a lot of mail and apologised if I'd already posted it, which is essentially admitting there's a fair chance it's sitting in their building... but I need them to find it! And tell me!

So now it's the weekend and there can't be any progress. This is by far the weirdest process I have ever put myself through. At intervals throughout it seems your whole life hinges on tiny things, like postal delivery. It's not good for my health! I want to have things in my control again. I know there's lots more to come if we're successful, lots more organising etc., but I'll feel like I'm making decisions. I'm not good when I have no control , particularly when it's over the direction of my life!!

sorry for the ramble, but I thought it might help to get it off my chest.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

cplifts is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by izzi81
I've dug out this thread as it seems the best place to put this... I seem to be really struggling today. Logically there is nothing dire to worry about - I know there has been some movement in the last couple of days with people getting passport requests, but they all seem to be a little ahead of us timewise so it makes sense. I'm just stressing about them not registering receipt of our RPRF payment. I sent it at least 2 weeks ago, special delivery, and confirmed delivery online. However, despite my meticulous filing of *everything* in this process, the one thing I can't put my hands on is the receipt for posting, just to double check! They did say in their email asking for RPRF that they were getting a lot of mail and apologised if I'd already posted it, which is essentially admitting there's a fair chance it's sitting in their building... but I need them to find it! And tell me!

So now it's the weekend and there can't be any progress. This is by far the weirdest process I have ever put myself through. At intervals throughout it seems your whole life hinges on tiny things, like postal delivery. It's not good for my health! I want to have things in my control again. I know there's lots more to come if we're successful, lots more organising etc., but I'll feel like I'm making decisions. I'm not good when I have no control , particularly when it's over the direction of my life!!

sorry for the ramble, but I thought it might help to get it off my chest.
Hi just read your post and i feel just like you, we sent our medicals in march 2011 and havent heard anything. i am constantly checking my emails, post ecas etc and have butterflies everytime i do. I am worried that they have lost our file as everybody else seems to have had their passport requests. They have told me that they will not respond to any further emails i send (this as a result of just asking them if they had our medical results!). Our initail medicals were done in Nov so time is ticking away - am so scared they are going to leave it so long that we have to do the medicals again etc. What are we putting ourselves through -such a horrible process!!!
Anyway there is my ramble over too. Fingers crossed we shall all get our passport requests soon. Heres wishing and waiting
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

I think the good thing about this forum is hearing from others who feel the same way you do

Just phoned Royal Mail, they can't do anything without the tracking number. I got the usual inept call centre person too:
me: 'hi, I'm wondering if there's any way you can recover a tracking number for me which I've lost'
them: 'OK let's see what we can do... do you have the tracking number?'

doh

me: 'um, no, that's what I need to find'
them: 'oh OK, do you have the receipt?'

doh

me: 'no, I've managed to lose that'
them: 'oh well in that case there's nothing we can do without the tracking number.'

oh well.... just have to wait and hope they find it in their mailroom!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

OK... fingers crossed this means what I think it means....

I found the receipt with the tracking number, checked again that it did arrive, emailed cic to tell them. They told me to wait 10 working days because they had a lot of mail, and they'd get back to me.

I waited 10 days, no email. So I emailed them yesterday lunchtime to say I hadn't heard anything, and I gave them the tracking number in case they needed it.

This morning I had a reply! (that was quick). It said:
I can confirm that your bankers draft has been received. We will be in further contact as soon as the payment has been processed with instructions regarding the submission of documents for the issuance of your visas.

Restraining my excitement... that does seem to read as though as soon as the money is in their bank they'll ask for our passports... which means we're pretty much in the clear... right?
Old Jul 15th 2011, 9:40 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I found the receipt with the tracking number, checked again that it did arrive, emailed cic to tell them. They told me to wait 10 working days because they had a lot of mail, and they'd get back to me.

I waited 10 days, no email. So I emailed them yesterday lunchtime to say I hadn't heard anything, and I gave them the tracking number in case they needed it.

I can confirm that your bankers draft has been received. We will be in further contact as soon as the payment has been processed with instructions regarding the submission of documents for the issuance of your visas.

Restraining my excitement... that does seem to read as though as soon as the money is in their bank they'll ask for our passports... which means we're pretty much in the clear... right?
Yup that is 100% CORRECT! Congrats (in advance :0) ) x
Old Jul 15th 2011, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

woohoo!!

I will now allow my brain to believe it's actually happening for once, which probably means I will spend the rest of the day in meltdown lol.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 9:44 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

woohoo!!

I will now allow my brain to believe it's actually happening for once, which probably means I will spend the rest of the day in meltdown lol.
With lots of clicking "send/receive" button on your e-mail...just incase..lol

xx
Old Jul 15th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe I should be grateful I'll be in work, and not able to check my email! lol I have to leave in 40mins and had given it no thought at all... really ought to go get organised!
Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

quebec is an unknown quantity at this point

Really pleased for you I can imagine your excitement after all this confusion and long wait! I am sure you'll get your PPR very soon
Also I got their reply as follow: Your application is waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time. . I did my medicals on 25 May...
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:18 am
Done!

Yay and about time too, you'd been waiting ages! Congrats! I've a feeling we're in for a long wait too. All this waiting is driving me crazy and it's only been 5 and a half weeks since London received our meds