British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Provinical Nominees with recent PPR (London visa office).. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/provinical-nominees-recent-ppr-london-visa-office-719608/)

engineer80 Jun 4th 2011 3:33 pm

Provinical Nominees with recent PPR (London visa office)..

Just wondering how long it was between taking your medicals and when you got PPR? Was it by e-mail or post? We have just had our medicals and assuming everything is ok, I was wondering how long our wait for PPR is likely to be? Thanks for any responses :wub:

LadySummer Jun 4th 2011 4:47 pm

Re: Provinical Nominees with recent PPR (London visa office)..

We had our PPR by email and it was 3 months to the day when we received our PPR :thumbsup:

Good luck, hope yours comes soon :fingerscrossed:

engineer80 Jun 4th 2011 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by engineer80 (Post 9410098)
Just wondering how long it was between taking your medicals and when you got PPR? Was it by e-mail or post? We have just had our medicals and assuming everything is ok, I was wondering how long our wait for PPR is likely to be? Thanks for any responses :wub:

I suppose 3 months isn't quite so bad but they must have been a pretty long 3 months! Congrats on PR :thumbup:

izzi81 Jun 4th 2011 7:45 pm

I've been pondering this very same question (no surprise there!). 3 months is a little dose of reality though... I was speculating on one month... perhaps that's a little optimistic! :lol:

engineer80 Jun 5th 2011 6:18 am

I must admit I was thinking more of a matter of weeks too. I also thought the impatient feeling would have subsided now the medicals are over but it hasn't. Don't think it will until we know either way if we have those visas :o

Howefamily Jun 6th 2011 3:04 pm

we had ours done in Halifax on April 21st. I am hoping we get passport requests soon

Rubie Jun 6th 2011 4:45 pm

Hi,

One month after meds were received by London for us - not sure if this is typical but one month is still a possibility.

Good luck :thumbsup:

LadySummer Jun 6th 2011 9:50 pm

Hi again, I think I need to clarify my earlier post. We received PPR exactly 3 months to the day from when we received an email with our medical requests, however PPR was 9 weeks from when our medicals were received at CIC.

Hope this helps :)

Ducks Jun 9th 2011 10:33 pm

Yippee, passport requests arrived by email this morning!!!
This follows our medical requests on 11th April and actual medicals on 12th April (with a second x-ray for me on the 21st).
Looks like they are getting quicker! Good luck everyone.

engineer80 Jun 11th 2011 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Ducks (Post 9422971)
Yippee, passport requests arrived by email this morning!!!
This follows our medical requests on 11th April and actual medicals on 12th April (with a second x-ray for me on the 21st).
Looks like they are getting quicker! Good luck everyone.

Aaaw, congrats, that's fab news!

Ladysummer - thanks for clarifying. ( weeks does sound much better than 12! :)

izzi81 Jun 15th 2011 8:57 am

Now that 1 month is approaching I'm starting to get neurotic.... I understand that they send a passport request by email? Is that right? Seems weird when they are very 'traditional' about everything else! Do they also send a letter? I'm a bit worried about somehow missing the email - for some reason it goes into junk mail or something - and not knowing! :eek:

Ducks Jun 15th 2011 12:00 pm

Mine came by email only (no letter, at least not yet) from this address: [email protected] The subject line was APPLICATION and then the file number. It came into my inbox but at first glance I did think it was spam. Maybe put that email address into your safe list just to be sure.

I think it took about 7 weeks from my second x-ray to the PPR, but I had mine done in Canada and the Dr seemed to think that would make it quicker (no idea if that's actually true).

Fingers crossed that you get it soon!

quebec Jun 15th 2011 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Ducks (Post 9434175)
Mine came by email only (no letter, at least not yet) from this address: [email protected] The subject line was APPLICATION and then the file number. It came into my inbox but at first glance I did think it was spam. Maybe put that email address into your safe list just to be sure.

I think it took about 7 weeks from my second x-ray to the PPR, but I had mine done in Canada and the Dr seemed to think that would make it quicker (no idea if that's actually true).

Fingers crossed that you get it soon!

Hi Ducks, How long after your first medicals you got to know about your second x-ray? Did they inform you by email or post about the second x-ray? I am asking this as I have recently done my medicals and am awaiting PPR... but just in case!

Thanks!

engineer80 Jun 15th 2011 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by quebec (Post 9434646)
Hi Ducks, How long after your first medicals you got to know about your second x-ray? Did they inform you by email or post about the second x-ray? I am asking this as I have recently done my medicals and am awaiting PPR... but just in case!

Thanks!

I thought the DMP let you know if there was anything wrong with the x-rays :blink: I didn't think they let it travel all the way to CIC only for them to tell you there's something wrong....

quebec Jun 15th 2011 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by engineer80 (Post 9435027)
I thought the DMP let you know if there was anything wrong with the x-rays :blink: I didn't think they let it travel all the way to CIC only for them to tell you there's something wrong....

Thanks much for your reassurance. The DMP told me that all is fine from their end. I assume the final say comes from a doctor at CHC London... But I am might be wrong! Anyways lets hope for the best!