Proving work history question

Old Feb 8th 2010, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

chaddsuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proving work history question

HI Guys

This is my situation..........

I am travelling to Calgary in October this year to look at obtaining a TWP, im confident enough that I will get a job offer based on my skills and experience however I am concerned that my work history when i was younger may be tough to prove..

I can prove all the jobs from my previous employers which relate to the jobs I will be applying for in Canada however I was a DJ in a local club for a number of years and to be honest that was cash in hand :O(

jobs before that were around ten years ago and neither the company nor Inland revenue have any records of this anymore (think they said I could go back 6 or 7 years)..

My question is will the following be sufficient?....

A letter from the clubs manager stating that i worked there and what dates i worked there etc...

And some kind of self certifying letter for my jobs that Inland revenue and the employers themselves have no records.

Neither the years i was a DJ or the jobs from when i was younger relate in any way to the positions I will be going for in Canada and I can prove my work experience for the jobs that are relevant.

Am i stuffed for immigration or do the steps I mentioned above stand a chance?

Thanks

Chris
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

chaddsuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proving work history question

anyone?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 2:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaddsuk
I am travelling to Calgary in October this year to look at obtaining a TWP, im confident enough that I will get a job offer based on my skills and experience however I am concerned that my work history when i was younger may be tough to prove..
Confidence is good. Do make sure you do your research about how hard LMO's are to obtain at the moment though as that could be your stumbling block.

Originally Posted by chaddsuk
I can prove all the jobs from my previous employers which relate to the jobs I will be applying for in Canada however I was a DJ in a local club for a number of years and to be honest that was cash in hand :O(

jobs before that were around ten years ago and neither the company nor Inland revenue have any records of this anymore (think they said I could go back 6 or 7 years)..

My question is will the following be sufficient?....

A letter from the clubs manager stating that i worked there and what dates i worked there etc...

And some kind of self certifying letter for my jobs that Inland revenue and the employers themselves have no records.

Neither the years i was a DJ or the jobs from when i was younger relate in any way to the positions I will be going for in Canada and I can prove my work experience for the jobs that are relevant.

Am i stuffed for immigration or do the steps I mentioned above stand a chance?

Thanks

Chris
Why do you need any of the above for a TWP? Unless your employer asks you to prove it (and a reference will usually suffice in that instance), it's unlikely you'll need anything. Or are you talking about when you apply for PR at a later date?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

sharaik is an unknown quantity at this point

Things re extremely bad in calgary and locals arent being hired, why would they hire foreigner with whom they need to file LMO for. I dont know what kind of job you re looking for, you should opt for Saskatchewan.