proving work experience.

Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:07 am
Just Joined

brsnbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default proving work experience.

How does someone proves work experience based on FSW?
it is just a matter of having your supervisor writing a letter describing your duties, from when till when you worked, etc?
Is there anything else?
Inputs will be appreciated.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:19 am
Just Joined

knightstorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: proving work experience.

i had to go round to a few old Employers, and got them to fill in the form, as you have to have, 9000hrs experience, (plumbing)

it's basically as you described, then the Training board will then ring the References to confirm your experience.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, so they do actually call up to check references?? Okay, sounds good....

I've been struggling to get copies of some of my contracts but I have everything else... pretty much
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:14 am
Just Joined

what 9000 hrs / training board are you talking about?
for federal skilled workers....?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

anyone....?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

I really don't think it's for FSW because I haven't read that anywhere and I've been scrutinising the web site since 2004 lol. I wouldn't worry too much about it......
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:53 am
Just Joined

i thought so, i did not see anywhere anything about training board/9000 hrs, etc, so if people who participates in this forum would read and pay attention to the question, instead of giving erroneous information i'm sure it would be appreciate it....
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, have only just seen this question and unless you are in a Skilled Trade (electrician, plumber etc) then it's not relevant. The 9000 hours of experience needs to be proved for a skilled trade to get something called the 'Red Seal' which entitles them to work in Canada.

So it's not applicable for the majority of people. For future reference, the search button is on the top right of the forum, a simple search for '9000 hours' would have brought up lots of threads explaining it to you.

Hope that helps.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by brsnbs
How does someone proves work experience based on FSW?
it is just a matter of having your supervisor writing a letter describing your duties, from when till when you worked, etc?
Is there anything else?
Inputs will be appreciated.
I got letters from all my relevant employers - written by Human Resources - stating the facts required - lengh of service, job title etc, and made sure it was written on headed paper and sent the original copy to Immigration.

Also backed up the letter with copies of my contracts just as proof.
Immigration will check all employment history I would think to make sure you're telling the truth.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 9:09 am
Just Joined

this is getting confusing...
yes, i would like to immigrate based on FSW , claim work experience as an industrial electrician , NOC 7242, and anywhere i looked it does not specify that i have to have 9000 hours of experience in order to qualify ti immigrate.

maybe this will come into place after i move to canada, and assuming i want to still be an electrician, i will need to get the local permit to practice.

it seems there are 2 separate issues here, one to immigrate and claim work experience and other after you move ta canada and decide to practice work as an electrician.

Am i correct here?
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

yes, i would like to immigrate based on FSW , claim work experience as an industrial electrician , NOC 7242, and anywhere i looked it does not specify that i have to have 9000 hours of experience in order to qualify ti immigrate.

maybe this will come into place after i move to canada, and assuming i want to still be an electrician, i will need to get the local permit to practice.

it seems there are 2 separate issues here, one to immigrate and claim work experience and other after you move ta canada and decide to practice work as an electrician.

Am i correct here?

You are but.......

If you want people to assist you in the future, you may wish to at least appear grateful for their assistance (albeit somewhat incorrect)
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the reply,
if i offended someone i appologize, however i'm sure everyone will agree, if you offer somebody advice, make sure it is accurate and to the point. Would you like to receive wrong information instead of no information? Me personally, if someone stops me and asks for directions i would say "sorry , i don;t know", instead of telling him/her some make up directions.
I would like to say that this forum is a wealth of information and many people has benefited from it, personally i appreciate it.
Thanks.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need it to immigrate, as I said in my response above (and in my response to your other post), it's only needed to get the Red Seal.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 23rd 2008 at 7:54 pm.