Provincial nominees

Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Padsnbon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Provincial nominees

I have posted this in the Canada general...drr or what.

It has been suggested that we should look at a Provincial Nominee application for OH. We have done some surfing on the net about it but is there anyone out there that has actually used this way of getting in that I may be able to pick their brains?

Initially the main question is how do you go about it...The websites are geared up for telling you about the programme but what are OH's very first steps? I assume that we approach companies who are registered in the programme
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

prodigy346 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Provincial nominees

what's OH???

Originally posted by Padsnbon

It has been suggested that we should look at a Provincial Nominee application for OH. We have done some surfing on the net about it but is there anyone out there that has actually used this way of getting in that I may be able to pick their brains?

Initially the main question is how do you go about it...The websites are geared up for telling you about the programme but what are OH's very first steps? I assume that we approach companies who are registered in the programme
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:24 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

"OH" - ???

Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
"OH" - ???
I think i'm right in saying OH is Other Half, or husband, partner.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, its gets to be a habit with another forum I'm on. Yes its other half, husband, partner. Sorry
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:21 am

There are no Provincial Nominee programs for sponsoring spouses - you must be really confused...

Tell us what are the circumstances, what you want to achieve and then it will be easier to tell you where to look for it.

Sorry, its gets to be a habit with another forum I'm on. Yes its other half, husband, partner. Sorry
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
There are no Provincial Nominee programs for sponsoring spouses - you must be really confused...
My OH is my husband who is qualified in Environmental Conservation (Landscape and Ecosystems) management level which he has been doing for near on 13 years. We wondered whether he could use the Provincial Nominee application.

We are currently registered with EcoTrust Canada Employment and have been wading through similar sites etc and will soon be getting the resume prepared, or at least his CV changed to fit. If nothing else we thought that if he made contact with employers in this line of work then he would at least have some paperwork to show that he has been trying to find work even from this early stage, under the Skilled Workers application.

We are off to Nova Scotia this October for a scout about and think we would like to be at this end of the country.

Am I also correct in thinking that if he is lucky to enter the country this way, I do not automatically have right of access, I have to be nominated ie family nomination?

I haven't been very clear with this original thread really have I?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 2:30 am

There is no such thing as "family nomination".

Your husband must include yourself in his PR application and if approved you will both receive visas at the same time.

Provincial nomination is not a visa - it is only the selection certificate with which you must apply just like everyone else for PR visas through proper Canadian visa post. Certificate only takes care of the selection process, providing that it is accepted by visa post.

My OH is my husband who is qualified in Environmental Conservation (Landscape and Ecosystems) management level which he has been doing for near on 13 years. We wondered whether he could use the Provincial Nominee application.

We are currently registered with EcoTrust Canada Employment and have been wading through similar sites etc and will soon be getting the resume prepared, or at least his CV changed to fit. If nothing else we thought that if he made contact with employers in this line of work then he would at least have some paperwork to show that he has been trying to find work even from this early stage, under the Skilled Workers application.

We are off to Nova Scotia this October for a scout about and think we would like to be at this end of the country.

Am I also correct in thinking that if he is lucky to enter the country this way, I do not automatically have right of access, I have to be nominated ie family nomination?

I haven't been very clear with this original thread really have I?