Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Provincial Nominee Program - next steps

Provincial Nominee Program - next steps

Old Nov 6th 2011, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

EssexManitoba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Provincial Nominee Program - next steps

Hey folks,

Hope you are all well, first time on this forum and need your advice

Have just been accepted as a Manitoba Provincial nominee and received my acceptance letter last week, so now going to the next step and submitting the rest of the application to the Canadian High Commission in London.

The instructions states that I need to submit employment contracts for previous and current jobs as well as up to date references for previous and current jobs. I dont like to keep bits of outdated paperwork at home so only have my current work contract, would I have to ask all my previous emnployers if they have copies of my old contracts? Im not even sure if they will keep copies, if so would a reference letter suffice??

Also, I still have the reference letters that I submitted to the Manitoba Provincial Nominee program, took a while to get them all so the oldest one is dated about a year ago. Could I send these to the High Commission or would I have to ask all my former employers again for new references, which could take a while to collect again??

Thanks for your help in advance, if anyone has any questions about the first stage of any provincial nominee programs, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Cheers,

Eric
Old Nov 6th 2011, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Provincial Nominee Program - next steps

Hi Eric,
congrats on Nomination.. big step done .

Have you printed out the checklist for Provincial Nominees from London? It doesn't ask for any work experience or education proof, this part has already been done by Manitoba. That checklist is very important, add everything you need to add, submit it in the order they list things, put pictures and payment on top in envelopes and you should be good to go.

What you will have to do though is to fill out the generic application form (IMM0008) and in this one you have to list all your previous employment. When you do this be VERY sure to don't leave a gap, nor in employment or where you lived.

Depending on which way you applied to the PNP (online or not), you have already filled out this form and now only need to update it (if you did not apply online). Again depending on when you did it, you might have to redo it anyway as now it has to be validated online.

Should you have applied online, I would be very curious as how fast it went?

As I work often with the PNP in Manitoba -helping with settlement- feel free to ask if more question.

Ilse
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

EssexManitoba is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ilse, I did not apply online, sent the paper forms to Manitoba PNP in May, was asked to send extra documents in June and got the acceptance letter end of last week.

I did print off the checklist and to be honest I just got confused. It does list requirments for educational and employment documents but can now see after your advise that there are no tick boxes for these.

The other section I am not sure about is 'Proof of Relationship in Canada', there is a tick box for this but it does say 'IF APPLICABLE' in brackets, these documents have already been provided by my relative in Winnipeg so can I assume that I do not need to re-submit these either?

Thanks for your help

Eric

Originally Posted by manitobain
Hi Eric,
congrats on Nomination.. big step done .

Have you printed out the checklist for Provincial Nominees from London? It doesn't ask for any work experience or education proof, this part has already been done by Manitoba. That checklist is very important, add everything you need to add, submit it in the order they list things, put pictures and payment on top in envelopes and you should be good to go.

What you will have to do though is to fill out the generic application form (IMM0008) and in this one you have to list all your previous employment. When you do this be VERY sure to don't leave a gap, nor in employment or where you lived.

Depending on which way you applied to the PNP (online or not), you have already filled out this form and now only need to update it (if you did not apply online). Again depending on when you did it, you might have to redo it anyway as now it has to be validated online.

Should you have applied online, I would be very curious as how fast it went?

As I work often with the PNP in Manitoba -helping with settlement- feel free to ask if more question.

Ilse
Old Nov 6th 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Eric,
Proof of relationship has a box for P(rovincial Nominees). If you received nomination through the family stream, it is applicable to you and yes, you will have to supply the needed info.

If there is a tick box for P .. cic wants to see it . As there are other streams that don't have family connection..obviously there it would not be applicable.

Gotta be notarized copies. Your family in Wpg can go to the immigration centre on Adelaide Str to get the notarization done.

hope that helps
Ilse