Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Provincial Nominee entry level/semi skilled worker

Provincial Nominee entry level/semi skilled worker

Old Mar 3rd 2014, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Provincial Nominee entry level/semi skilled worker

I am on my way into work now so I will have to confirm all this...hopefully they will let me make up the hours.

one last thing- is '9 months' considered as 9 months counting back from the current date (which would take me to 03 June in this case), or is 9 months defined where 1 month is considered as 4 weeks and so 9 months= 36 weeks (which would only take me back to June 24)??
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 6:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammilc
I am on my way into work now so I will have to confirm all this...hopefully they will let me make up the hours.

one last thing- is '9 months' considered as 9 months counting back from the current date (which would take me to 03 June in this case), or is 9 months defined where 1 month is considered as 4 weeks and so 9 months= 36 weeks (which would only take me back to June 24)??
It's 9 months backwards from when you submit your application and I am presuming 'calendar' months, but in honesty I don't know, nor could I find anything that specifies what it is.

Hopefully someone who has applied under this stream can help.

Old Mar 3rd 2014, 10:27 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It's 9 months backwards from when you submit your application and I am presuming 'calendar' months, but in honesty I don't know, nor could I find anything that specifies what it is.

Hopefully someone who has applied under this stream can help.

Calendar months.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

This is a reach I'm sure, but can you apply to the PNP with two employers? I have a ssecond part-time serving job two evenings a week which take my total weekly hours to well over 30...i don't suppose this counts in any way?
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 11:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

This is a reach I'm sure, but can you apply to the PNP with two employers? I have a ssecond part-time serving job two evenings a week which take my total weekly hours to well over 30...i don't suppose this counts in any way?
I don't believe so, as far as I am aware it's 1 employer only for PNP. Had you been applying for CEC stream, you could have done so - but that would need you to have 1 year of experience and they are not accepting applications for 'Food Service Supervisors' unfortunately.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp
Old Mar 4th 2014, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

If I have taken time off doe to vacations, can I exempt those weeks from my total so that they don't bring down my average? I've been back in the UK for a total of a little over 3 weeks in the last 9 months
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

If I have taken time off doe to vacations, can I exempt those weeks from my total so that they don't bring down my average? I've been back in the UK for a total of a little over 3 weeks in the last 9 months
No you can't but If its paid vacation that will count towards your hours
Old Mar 14th 2014, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

When I got my info back from accounting I was actually clear on my hours (PHEW!) but now I have another question:

For the PNP it says you have to be able to support yourself by meeting minimum income requirements (which, as it states, does not take into account any tips/ bonuses). For a single person it identifies the minimum income requirement as $21,282. But I make less than 15,000 per year in my wages- most of my money comes from tips. I am earning a market wage ($9/hr), but even full time it doesn't amount to much.

My question is: will this hurt my application? I mean, if they have 'server' as one of the occupations for the entry level PNP then surely they expect people to be earning these low incomes?
Old Mar 14th 2014, 4:06 am
Banned

When I got my info back from accounting I was actually clear on my hours (PHEW!) but now I have another question:

For the PNP it says you have to be able to support yourself by meeting minimum income requirements (which, as it states, does not take into account any tips/ bonuses). For a single person it identifies the minimum income requirement as $21,282. But I make less than 15,000 per year in my wages- most of my money comes from tips. I am earning a market wage ($9/hr), but even full time it doesn't amount to much.

My question is: will this hurt my application? I mean, if they have 'server' as one of the occupations for the entry level PNP then surely they expect people to be earning these low incomes?
Hmmm I hadn't seen that before until you mentioned it. I take it you are in Vancouver itself, it's lower outside.

Perhaps give them a call and ask them about this as I really have no idea whether it applies to the semi-skilled stream - it seems a bit daft that they won't take tips into consideration when the job is a minimum wage position and is in demand.

http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/Ab...he-BC-PNP.aspx
Old Mar 15th 2014, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to say you're application will %100 be rejected if you don't meet the low income cut off. There is no budging on this as far as the pnp are concerned and you're right tips won't be taken into consideration at all as there not guaranteed.
Not meeting the LICO is one of the the biggest reason for rejection in ELSS stream. We spoke to them about this too as my other half works serving/supervisor. Once we proved that with both our incomes we were above all was fine but before that the application was out for rejection based on the otherhalf's actual salary being below the LICO

Your only options are to push for a pay-rise or try as a supervisor now with a pay rise in your contract.
Hope it works out

Last edited by tee1; Mar 15th 2014 at 12:15 am.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 12:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tee1
I'm sorry to say you're application will %100 be rejected if you don't meet the low income cut off. There is no budging on this as far as the pnp are concerned and you're right tips won't be taken into consideration at all as there not guaranteed.
Not meeting the LICO is one of the the biggest reason for rejection in ELSS stream. We spoke to them about this too as my other half works serving/supervisor. Once we proved that with both our incomes we were above all was fine but before that the application was out for rejection based on the otherhalf's actual salary being below the LICO

Your only options are to push for a pay-rise or try as a supervisor now with a pay rise in your contract.
Hope it works out
If she goes for supervisor she won't qualify for the semi-skilled PNP class.
Old Mar 15th 2014, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

But I've been living here and supporting myself for a year and a half on my wage. Can I support my app with recommendation letters from my landlords? Or maybe have a letter from my brother (who's a PR here) or my parents saying they'll support me should I run into difficulty?

Can I use the income I earn from my second job to boost my numbers or will they only accept the income from the employer who's supporting my application?

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 15th 2014 at 6:52 pm. Reason: I merged your posts for you - if you need to add anything, you can do so by clicking 'edit' within 2 hours of posting :)
Old Mar 15th 2014, 6:53 pm
Banned

But I've been living here and supporting myself for a year and a half on my wage. Can I support my app with recommendation letters from my landlords? Or maybe have a letter from my brother (who's a PR here) or my parents saying they'll support me should I run into difficulty?

Can I use the income I earn from my second job to boost my numbers or will they only accept the income from the employer who's supporting my application?
I think the best thing to do is to give the PNP department a call or make an appointment to see them, from what I have read they are quite helpful and will be able to advise you what is acceptable.

Old Mar 15th 2014, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I think the best thing to do is to give the PNP department a call or make an appointment to see them, from what I have read they are quite helpful and will be able to advise you what is acceptable.

+1
Old Mar 15th 2014, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks I will do...this whole thing is such a ballache. Scuse my french.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.