British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Provincial Nominee entry level/semi skilled worker (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/provincial-nominee-entry-level-semi-skilled-worker-827109/)

Sammilc Mar 3rd 2014 5:24 pm

Re: Provincial Nominee entry level/semi skilled worker

I am on my way into work now so I will have to confirm all this...hopefully they will let me make up the hours.

one last thing- is '9 months' considered as 9 months counting back from the current date (which would take me to 03 June in this case), or is 9 months defined where 1 month is considered as 4 weeks and so 9 months= 36 weeks (which would only take me back to June 24)??

Siouxie Mar 3rd 2014 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Sammilc (Post 11156530)
I am on my way into work now so I will have to confirm all this...hopefully they will let me make up the hours.

one last thing- is '9 months' considered as 9 months counting back from the current date (which would take me to 03 June in this case), or is 9 months defined where 1 month is considered as 4 weeks and so 9 months= 36 weeks (which would only take me back to June 24)??

It's 9 months backwards from when you submit your application and I am presuming 'calendar' months, but in honesty I don't know, nor could I find anything that specifies what it is.

Hopefully someone who has applied under this stream can help.

:)

PMM Mar 3rd 2014 10:27 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 11156643)
It's 9 months backwards from when you submit your application and I am presuming 'calendar' months, but in honesty I don't know, nor could I find anything that specifies what it is.

Hopefully someone who has applied under this stream can help.

Calendar months.

Sammilc Mar 3rd 2014 11:10 pm

This is a reach I'm sure, but can you apply to the PNP with two employers? I have a ssecond part-time serving job two evenings a week which take my total weekly hours to well over 30...i don't suppose this counts in any way?

Siouxie Mar 3rd 2014 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Sammilc (Post 11157023)
This is a reach I'm sure, but can you apply to the PNP with two employers? I have a ssecond part-time serving job two evenings a week which take my total weekly hours to well over 30...i don't suppose this counts in any way?

I don't believe so, as far as I am aware it's 1 employer only for PNP. Had you been applying for CEC stream, you could have done so - but that would need you to have 1 year of experience and they are not accepting applications for 'Food Service Supervisors' unfortunately.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

Sammilc Mar 4th 2014 9:46 pm

If I have taken time off doe to vacations, can I exempt those weeks from my total so that they don't bring down my average? I've been back in the UK for a total of a little over 3 weeks in the last 9 months

tee1 Mar 6th 2014 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Sammilc (Post 11158654)
If I have taken time off doe to vacations, can I exempt those weeks from my total so that they don't bring down my average? I've been back in the UK for a total of a little over 3 weeks in the last 9 months

No you can't but If its paid vacation that will count towards your hours

Sammilc Mar 14th 2014 3:48 am

When I got my info back from accounting I was actually clear on my hours (PHEW!) but now I have another question:

For the PNP it says you have to be able to support yourself by meeting minimum income requirements (which, as it states, does not take into account any tips/ bonuses). For a single person it identifies the minimum income requirement as $21,282. But I make less than 15,000 per year in my wages- most of my money comes from tips. I am earning a market wage ($9/hr), but even full time it doesn't amount to much.

My question is: will this hurt my application? I mean, if they have 'server' as one of the occupations for the entry level PNP then surely they expect people to be earning these low incomes?

Siouxie Mar 14th 2014 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Sammilc (Post 11172281)
When I got my info back from accounting I was actually clear on my hours (PHEW!) but now I have another question:

For the PNP it says you have to be able to support yourself by meeting minimum income requirements (which, as it states, does not take into account any tips/ bonuses). For a single person it identifies the minimum income requirement as $21,282. But I make less than 15,000 per year in my wages- most of my money comes from tips. I am earning a market wage ($9/hr), but even full time it doesn't amount to much.

My question is: will this hurt my application? I mean, if they have 'server' as one of the occupations for the entry level PNP then surely they expect people to be earning these low incomes?

Hmmm I hadn't seen that before until you mentioned it. I take it you are in Vancouver itself, it's lower outside.

Perhaps give them a call and ask them about this as I really have no idea whether it applies to the semi-skilled stream - it seems a bit daft that they won't take tips into consideration when the job is a minimum wage position and is in demand.

http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/Ab...he-BC-PNP.aspx

tee1 Mar 15th 2014 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Sammilc (Post 11172281)

I'm sorry to say you're application will %100 be rejected if you don't meet the low income cut off. There is no budging on this as far as the pnp are concerned and you're right tips won't be taken into consideration at all as there not guaranteed.
Not meeting the LICO is one of the the biggest reason for rejection in ELSS stream. We spoke to them about this too as my other half works serving/supervisor. Once we proved that with both our incomes we were above all was fine but before that the application was out for rejection based on the otherhalf's actual salary being below the LICO

Your only options are to push for a pay-rise or try as a supervisor now with a pay rise in your contract.
Hope it works out

Siouxie Mar 15th 2014 12:41 am

Originally Posted by tee1 (Post 11173572)
I'm sorry to say you're application will %100 be rejected if you don't meet the low income cut off. There is no budging on this as far as the pnp are concerned and you're right tips won't be taken into consideration at all as there not guaranteed.
Not meeting the LICO is one of the the biggest reason for rejection in ELSS stream. We spoke to them about this too as my other half works serving/supervisor. Once we proved that with both our incomes we were above all was fine but before that the application was out for rejection based on the otherhalf's actual salary being below the LICO

Your only options are to push for a pay-rise or try as a supervisor now with a pay rise in your contract.
Hope it works out

If she goes for supervisor she won't qualify for the semi-skilled PNP class.

Sammilc Mar 15th 2014 2:42 pm

But I've been living here and supporting myself for a year and a half on my wage. Can I support my app with recommendation letters from my landlords? Or maybe have a letter from my brother (who's a PR here) or my parents saying they'll support me should I run into difficulty?

Can I use the income I earn from my second job to boost my numbers or will they only accept the income from the employer who's supporting my application?

Siouxie Mar 15th 2014 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Sammilc (Post 11174195)
But I've been living here and supporting myself for a year and a half on my wage. Can I support my app with recommendation letters from my landlords? Or maybe have a letter from my brother (who's a PR here) or my parents saying they'll support me should I run into difficulty?

Can I use the income I earn from my second job to boost my numbers or will they only accept the income from the employer who's supporting my application?

I think the best thing to do is to give the PNP department a call or make an appointment to see them, from what I have read they are quite helpful and will be able to advise you what is acceptable.

Gozit Mar 15th 2014 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie (Post 11174501)
I think the best thing to do is to give the PNP department a call or make an appointment to see them, from what I have read they are quite helpful and will be able to advise you what is acceptable.

+1
:goodpost:

Sammilc Mar 15th 2014 8:00 pm

Thanks I will do...this whole thing is such a ballache. Scuse my french.