Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

provincial nominee business immigrants

Wikiposts

provincial nominee business immigrants

Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

express01 is on a distinguished road
Default provincial nominee business immigrants

I am looking for help with the following,
My wife and I have applied to the CHC through the business immigration program (entrepreneurs) early this year, I since found out about the PNB route for business immigrants which seems a much faster route to Canada.

I've e mailed AK Canada the lawyers who are handling our application have been quoted that we can't have two applications going through at the same time. As i read it until you actually get the letter of support from the province your not actually applying twice.

Can anyone help me with the above or offer any advice on the going the PNP business route,

Regards

Nick

Last edited by express01; Dec 5th 2008 at 12:45 am.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:23 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: provincial nominee business immigrants

Originally Posted by express01
I am looking for help with the following,
My wife and I have applied to the CHC through the business immigration program (entrepreneurs) early this year, I since found out about the PNB route for business immigrants which seems a much faster route to Canada.

I've e mailed AK Canada the lawyers who are handling our application have been quoted that we can't have two applications going through at the same time. As i read it until you actually get the letter of support from the province your not actually applying twice.

Can anyone help me with the above or offer any advice on the going the PNB business route,

Regards

Nick

Not quite sure what PNB stands for - do you mean PNP?

I am really suprised that your lawyers did not allert you to a suitable PNP Business route if there is one that you are eligible for - that would seem to be a serrious omission.

There was a discussion on here recently about whether you could have 2 applications in process simultaneously. The conventional wisdom is that you couldnt and I heard CHC London say exactly that (that you had to withdraw the first app before submitting the second) but apparently there is nothing in the legislation that says you cannot have two applications going at once so I think the conclusion we reached is that it is possible.

Which Province is it?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Yes Typing error, I did mean the PMP, it' B.C we aim to move to.

Thanks for the imput,

Nick Taylor
Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:52 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by express01
Yes Typing error, I did mean the PMP, it' B.C we aim to move to.

Thanks for the imput,

Nick Taylor
There appears to be little information about it published on their website - only that "important changes" were made in 2007. If your lawyers dont seem to be familiar with it I would contact the BC Office of Immigration directly and equire as to the eligibility. Once you determine if you are actually eligible the next step is to figure out whether:
a) it would be quicker than waiting for your existing app to be finalised
b) you can apply without withdrawing your original federal app
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Paul,

Thanks really helpful, I'll give the office a call when they open,

Regards
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:09 am

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

when i asked the question to the CHC about suitability of ceasing or transferring an existing Investor category PR application, telling them I had applied under NB PNP Business recently, they just ceased the first application, telling me i was due a refund (still to be seen). My guess if there was an option to have both applications going, that would have been given to me as an option.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:12 am

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

and, it was made very clear that you do not need the help of an imigration consultant to apply under PNP, it seems that the PNP staff check your application prior to it being sent off to CHC.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that,
Did you get in using a PNP and if so how long did it take,

Regards
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:51 am

I first applied as CI, this was approved within a month or so, but after a little reflection I felt uncomfortable with the commitment i was making, so in late October I reapplied under the Business PNP, I am still waiting for the PNP approval, but that said when I asked how long, they said if there is a rush we can arrange a TWP within weeks. I understand that from UK to NB under PNP will be less than a year to PR, and under the business route a TWP can be very rapid. I have no idea how BC works, thir criteria seems far more rigid.
BTW NSPaul seems highly authoritative, i am only speaking from personal experience.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:13 am

I guess you are the first to know, I just got my PNP and am told that my application is on its way to London, so that was 6 weeks from application so i guess I am now waiting in this queue PNP Timelines it looks like my daughter will be starting High School next September with us having our first summer in Canada

Last edited by marclouis; Dec 5th 2008 at 12:10 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice

Yes, we discussed the question of filing two PR applications in a separate thread. There is nothing in the Act or Regulations that says you cannot have two economic class applications in process at the same time. I learned recently that CIC accepted this in private briefings about how to handle the application process for those skilled workers who had already applied, but whose occupations are on the Minister's new list. I just wish Ottawa would explan that to the visa posts ....

As you correctly point out, it is not an issue at this stage anyway, as until BC issues your nomination certificate and you actually submit your application, you do not have 2 PR applications in process at the same time anyway.

It is correct also that the BC PNP are not exactly encouraging the use of immigration consultants or immigration lawyers at this time. However the point is not that you need assistance with the PR forms. That part really is a form-filling exercise, since once you have a nomination from the Province, all the Federal authorities do is assess your medicals and your background check. Where local assistance may be useful is to provide knowledge of local businesses, and as to what is reasonable when putting together a business plan that meets the Province's requirements for investment and job creation - which sometimes are not what a business owner would choose to do of their own free will

Last edited by Ron Liberman; Dec 5th 2008 at 4:41 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

afoks is an unknown quantity at this point

In addition to what Ron stated above about BC PNP's attitude towards immigration consultants and lawyers there is one more important factor you must understand first, before taking a plunge with BC business PNP.

The program doesn't lead directly to nomination for PR visa - there are several stages of the process and after successful preliminary application, followed by successful full application, you will sign a performance agreement with BC PNP and receive only support for 2-years work permit, nothing more. Within 2 years on the work permit as PNP Nominee Candidate you will have to implement all stages of your business plan (which was approved by BC PNP) and only after you meet terms and conditions of performance agreement within 2-years period of your work permit you will be eligible for PNP nomination certificate for PR visa application. If economy goes down (the direction it is heading now) or anything else goes wrong and you won't meet terms and conditions outlined in performance agreement you will not be nominated, your work permit will run out, investment of time and money into setting up the business will likely be lost and you'll have to go back to home country.

Recently BC PNP added Fast Track option to business PNP though - you may post a refundable performance bond of $125,000 (this money cannot be used to meet terms and conditions of your performance agreement) and be granted PNP nomination prior to meeting terms and conditions of performance agreement. Deposit will be returned without interest only if you meet terms and conditions of performance agreement within allowed 2 years. If you won't then money is gone.

Financial criteria for eligible investment into business under BC PNP are also the least attractive among all business PNP's. I would say they are absolutely unatractive for most entrepreneurs.

In my opinion BC business PNP is the worst and most risky business PNP in Canada and should only be attempted if there is no other option. Federal business class (under Entrepreneur category) is more secure and flexible.

Last edited by afoks; Dec 5th 2008 at 5:03 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice

All absolutely true, and I wish the BC PNP would understand it. Hats off to afoks for saying it. BC has the most moderate climate in Canada, and that is probably one of the reasons the Province of British Columbia's requirements for their business programs exceed those of any other Province in Canada (except maybe Ontario)

However, I don't think you should dismiss this and settle for the much slower Federal entrepreneur program without speaking to a BC consultant or lawyer like myself who deals with these issues on a regular basis and understands how to address them.

Last edited by Ron Liberman; Dec 5th 2008 at 5:52 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the view's, I know that you have to climb through a few hoops with the B.C PNP application but the Federal application waiting time are currently 3/4 years,

Regards
Old Dec 5th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

afoks is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really. If you are dealing with CHC London and package is well prepared, presented and has conclusive enough evidence in it to get interview waived then things go rather fast in London. Our firm's average in past 3 years is about 12 months for federal Investor and about 16 months for federal Entrepreneur cases in CHC London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.