Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Provincial Nomination Certificate & Work Permit

Provincial Nomination Certificate & Work Permit

Old Sep 6th 2015, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Provincial Nomination Certificate & Work Permit

Hi Guys

I just wished to receive some help in regards to what documents are required for approval for the work permit off the back of presenting the Provincial Nomination Certificate at the border.

My nomination certificate is due anytime soon and I am currently traveling New Zealand whilst I await this and then returning back to Canada. My employer in Canada has left my job open for me to return.

As I am with BC PNP Express Entry, I have been advised the nomination approval will be received by both mail and email & online through the express entry profile. If this is the case, great I can print this and bring it with me back to the Canada rather than having to wait for the package to be sent out in the mail to NZ before travelling back.

Now, in regards to what documentation is required to present at the border and entry into Canada I have the following on my list:

- Provincial Nomination Certificate
- Supporting Letter (from BC PNP)
- Letter from Employer stating my job is still open for me.
- LMO EXEMPT FORM (My employer in Canada to complete & pay $100 fee)

Please can anyone advise if this is all I would need? Do I have anything missing from here at all that I need to include. Likewise, do I have any of this down that is incorrect.

I have just gone past the 4 months processing time for BC PNP Express Entry and so I am hoping the nomination will be received sometime soon.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
Old Sep 6th 2015, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Provincial Nomination Certificate & Work Permit

If you are going to be issued a specific employer work permit which is LMIA exempt then the fee is $230 that the employer pays and submitting form IMM 5802. You then pay the $155 work permit fee.
The $100 you are quoting is for an open work permit compliance fee which you would pay at the POE plus the $155 work permit fee if being issued an open work permit at the POE based on your PNP nomination certificate.
The fee will depend on what your PNP nomination certificate states i.e. employer specific or open employer.
Otherwise you have it correct in what to produce.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Provincial Nomination Certificate & Work Permit

Great thanks for the information there.

So if this is a closed work permit I would need to get my employer to complete IMM 5802 and pay the fee of $230. This will have to be done ahead of returning back to Canada I guess?

I think it is to be a closed work permit as my employer has submitted paperwork recommending I be nominated etc as part of the Skilled Worker Route.

Im glad I have the right documents listed below, is it also definatley correct that the nomination is also received by email/online express entry profile if my application is BC PNP Express Entry? So I don't have to rely on the nomination in the mail to be sent from Canada to NZ.

Thanks