Province Nominee Program

Old Aug 30th 2010, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

CalgaryStampeder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Province Nominee Program

Has anyone immigrated under the PNP system, I already know that I would like to live and work in the province of British Columbia, how long on average does it take from applying to receiving your certificate, and also once you have been accepted by the province, do you go through the same process of applying for PR Visa, getting medical/criminal checks etc?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:47 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Province Nominee Program

We moved to Alberta via the Provincial Nominee Program. Once my husband had a job offer, we kicked off the immigration paperwork and received our PR Visas within 8 months. Don't know whether this is average or not though. Yes, still had to have the medicals and criminal checks etc.

Originally Posted by Natonstan
Has anyone immigrated under the PNP system, I already know that I would like to live and work in the province of British Columbia, how long on average does it take from applying to receiving your certificate, and also once you have been accepted by the province, do you go through the same process of applying for PR Visa, getting medical/criminal checks etc?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:27 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

BC PNP take about three months (sometimes less) to review an application. Then CIC about 6-12 months to issue PR.

One you have the letter from BCPNP you can use this to get a TWP until PR is approved.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for the help! I won't be applying for a few months as I will haven't turned 18 yet, however this is something I have wanted to do for many years, I am fully qualified in IT and would be wanting a job in this field, does the PNP basically find a suitable job before accepting you or would this still need to be done by myself?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for the help! I won't be applying for a few months as I will haven't turned 18 yet, however this is something I have wanted to do for many years, I am fully qualified in IT and would be wanting a job in this field, does the PNP basically find a suitable job before accepting you or would this still need to be done by myself?
If I head over to Vancouver on my BUNAC work visa can I apply for the BC PNP whilst on that visa?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:26 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

No. You have to find a job first - and this with an employer who is willing to sponsor you through the PNP program.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JonboyE
No. You have to find a job first - and this with an employer who is willing to sponsor you through the PNP program.
Ah ok that makes sense, so that would be the first step I imagine, finding a job, then applying for the PNP with the employers information?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

...I haven't turned 18 yet, however this is something I have wanted to do for many years, I am fully qualified in IT...
Not wishing, for a moment, to rain on your parade, but if you are not yet 18 then how can you call yourself 'fully qualified' in any employment field where you are yet to gain experience?