Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Proof that you will live in Canada

Proof that you will live in Canada

Old Aug 14th 2017, 11:03 am
Just Joined

emytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof that you will live in Canada

Hello,

My partner is sponsoring me for PR.

We are collecting together our evidence that we will live in Canada following PR approval for myself.

So far, we have:

- a 'game plan' which sets out our intentions about where to live / jobs.
- my correspondence with the TRB / BC universities about getting a BC teaching licence (which I will not be pursuing at the moment due to time / money but may in the future) and my partner's correspondence with school districts (he is a teacher).
- Letters from my partner's parents about living with them when we arrive.
- Boarding passes from my partner's previous trips to Canada (I threw mine out - didn't think they'd come in useful for anything! Oops...)
- An internet quote from a cargo company for transporting our stuff from UK to Canada

Does anyone have any advice about what else we could include?

The document checklist gives no examples what so ever! And it's difficult, since we won't be in Canada for about a year...

Thanks for taking the time to read my question
Old Aug 14th 2017, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof that you will live in Canada

Sounds good to me.

Does he have a Canadian bank account? If so send a copy statement.

How do you propose to transfer GBP when the time comes? If you already have a FOREX account (recommend Transferwise), why not make a couple of 'trial transfers' to your Canadian account and include prints of the transfers.

Just a couple of suggestions, not mandatory, but whatever you have you should include.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 2:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say your game plan sounds solid. You've laid out a game plan for your arrival and you've started taking steps towards making it happen. CIC may ask for an update closer to the time, at which point you just say where you are in your moving plans.

Re the boarding passes, just include a copy of the flight confirmation instead. AT least it's better than nothing.

Hurl's ideas are also good. The money transfer one might be tougher to do so don't worry about if it you don't do that (or can't). What you have sounds pretty solid on its own.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 8:58 am
Just Joined

emytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help and advice.