Proof of Settlement Funds

Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Lyndsay13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of Settlement Funds

Hi, Can anyone help who has applied for a permanent residence visa under the Federal Skilled Worker visa about how to prove your settlement funds.

Will a printout from online banking showing an account summary suffice or do we need to submit bank statements and also have these notarized?

Or do we have to obtain some official document from our bank?

Thanks.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

alya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant future
Default Re: Proof of Settlement Funds

Sorry don't have an answer as new to all this - is there a certain amount they expect you to have or are you just asked to show you can support yourself for "x" amount of time? We are starting out on this whole procedure and my husband asked me this question this morning, and I didn't know what to tell him.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alya
Sorry don't have an answer as new to all this - is there a certain amount they expect you to have or are you just asked to show you can support yourself for "x" amount of time? We are starting out on this whole procedure and my husband asked me this question this morning, and I didn't know what to tell him.
Here you go..............http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp

The amount goes up by a small amount each year.

Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, don't mean to be out of order here but the thread now appears to be being used for purposes other than for original posted query. Find it quite unhelpful as well that a moderator posts a reply to the post that should really have been a new thread and ignores the original post.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lyndsay13
Sorry, don't mean to be out of order here but the thread now appears to be being used for purposes other than for original posted query. Find it quite unhelpful as well that a moderator posts a reply to the post that should really have been a new thread and ignores the original post.
Also, why has my original thread now been moved and where has it been moved to???
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud of

I went into my bank and asked for a letter confirming the amount I had in my savings account. This was produced on the spot and was perfectly acceptable to CIC.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud of

Also, why has my original thread now been moved and where has it been moved to???
Don't know where you originally posted it, but it's in the 'Immigration' forum now, which is the correct place.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm absolutely certain that Christmasoompa was only trying to be helpful. The link given tells you that you need to provide proof of funds... though I agree that it could be more specific. I wouldn't have thought that an account summary downloaded from your on-line banking site would be sufficient. Far safer to get something with a signature on it.

Last edited by MartianTom; Aug 16th 2009 at 9:18 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

The Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really nice

Originally Posted by MartianTom
I'm absolutely certain that Christmasoompa was only trying to be helpful. The link given tells you that you need to provide proof of funds... though I agree that it could be more specific. I wouldn't have thought that an account summary downloaded from your on-line banking site would be sufficient. Far safer to get something with a signature on it.
Hi all we did was request a normal bank statement as long as you have the amount showing that they want to see you will be fine.
hope this helps Siobhan
Old Aug 16th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

the link provided tells you the minimum amount of funds you need for your family size.

People on this forum have been successful in using an online printout. Other people have asked their bank for a letter confirming the amount of money in their account or for a paper statement. you can also print off your statement online and have it stamped as correct in the bank. CIC dont seem particularly fussy on this.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: We have bought a beautiful house overlooking a lake in High River!
Tamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant futureTamsin8 has a brilliant future

Hi, Can anyone help who has applied for a permanent residence visa under the Federal Skilled Worker visa about how to prove your settlement funds.

Will a printout from online banking showing an account summary suffice or do we need to submit bank statements and also have these notarized?

Or do we have to obtain some official document from our bank?

Thanks.
Hi,

I am not sure if federal skilled worker has the same rules as AINP but when we landed we weren't asked to show any proof of funds at all. The whole proccess was very simple and straightforward. Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Tamsin
Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Because I don't know the answer to the original post! No need to be so rude really, I just tried to help where I could. Have you tried doing a search of the forums? I'm sure that would give you your answer as the question has probably been asked before.

If you have an issue with somebody asking a question on your thread (although really think you need to get used to the ways of public forums, threads very rarely stay on topic, it's just the nature of it), then use the report button - that's what it's there for.

And it was moved because you posted it in the wrong forum - it's an immigration related query, not a general Canada one.

I suggest you re-read the Newbies to the Forum sticky and related articles, which will tell you about all of the above.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 17th 2009 at 6:39 am.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Jukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond repute

We took bank statements and we also did a mini statement just before we got on the plane.

P.S you might get further if you were at little less snippey