Wikiposts

proof of separation

Old Nov 14th 2009, 8:45 am
Just Joined

alexcanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default proof of separation

i want to apply for the Federal skilled visa to canada ,however i have a few questions before filling in the application.
I was married but current i'm seprated,i have 1 kid from her and she has another 2 kids on her own, must i include her in my application though she is not coming with me ? ,how much proof of funds should i have in this case ? should i provide any proof of separation ?please advice thanks
Old Nov 15th 2009, 4:29 am
Just Joined

alexcanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: proof of separation

could anyone have any experience reply please?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 5:17 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Did not know there was such a legal status as separated. Far as I know you are either married or divorced.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 5:56 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Did not know there was such a legal status as separated. Far as I know you are either married or divorced.
Got me wondering, so yes there is a difference in the UK, but am not sure of the pros / cons :

http://www.contactlaw.co.uk/Understa...d-divorce.html

Unfortunately I do not know how it affects immigration in Canada.

Alexcanada - I think you will have to google this quite a bit to find the info, or seek a consultation with an immigration lawyer.

Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:53 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Got me wondering, so yes there is a difference in the UK, but am not sure of the pros / cons :

http://www.contactlaw.co.uk/Understa...d-divorce.html

Unfortunately I do not know how it affects immigration in Canada.

Alexcanada - I think you will have to google this quite a bit to find the info, or seek a consultation with an immigration lawyer.

In Canada there is no such thing as legal separation. Reading your link, it appears that the definition in the UK means one is still married as well. Anyone in this situation may be best to consult a lawyer to be sure of their position.