Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

proof of self employment for PR app.

proof of self employment for PR app.

Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:21 am
Just Joined

gee398 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default proof of self employment for PR app.

Of all of my relevant employment history only one of them was employed.
I can obtain the contract for this but what should i submit for proof of my periods of self employment?
This is to support my PR application.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:24 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: proof of self employment for PR app.

Contracts, invoices, receipts, tax returns, reference letters from clients, etc.. Proving self-employment work experience is quite hard and the burden of proof is set much higher than for regular employment due to the abuse and fraud.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:36 am
Just Joined

gee398 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, i was subcontracting to 3 separate firms most of the time, does that make things any easier?
Can i provide SC60 forms that show tax payments made on my behalf by the contractor and tax returns, or will that not be enough?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:55 am
YAY! Here and Loving it!

EmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really niceEmmaGrate is just really nice
Smile Re: proof of self employment for PR app.

Originally Posted by gee398
Of all of my relevant employment history only one of them was employed.
I can obtain the contract for this but what should i submit for proof of my periods of self employment?
This is to support my PR application.
Hi
I came in on a PR as a self employed person. All I did was provide reference letters from all of my clients. That , according to my laywer was enough and apparently it was since I was granted the visa on the strength of it. :-)
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:01 am
Just Joined

glparker4 is a jewel in the roughglparker4 is a jewel in the roughglparker4 is a jewel in the roughglparker4 is a jewel in the rough

I am also self-employed. I provided tax returns, notarised reference letters from clients explaining start date and job duties, and projects with scope of work. I was called for an interview by CIC to verify the validity of my experience. However, the immigration officer was very nice and the interview session was more personal than professional. Again, you may not receive an interview request, but as Andrew stated, you should have as much documentation as possible to remove any doubt that the IO may have. Good luck
Old Jun 25th 2008, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

i was also self employed, i have my accounts, letter from accountant, letter from bank manager, licience and registration, liability insurance forms and company house papers. hopefully that will be enough proof.