Proof of relative

Old Oct 7th 2010, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of relative

hi,

just trying to get my 120 day documents together to send off to London, i have stated on my initial application that i have relatives in canada which i do.

The London visa instructions form say "proof that your relative is currently living in Canada", what type of proof are they after, would a gas/electricity utility bill do? and how many types of proof are they after?

Thanks!
Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:21 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of relative

Estract from London office guide:

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP IN CANADA (IF APPLICABLE)
•Proof of relationship to your close relative in Canada, such as birth, marriage or adoption certificates.
•If your close relative is a permanent resident of Canada: photocopy of his or her Record of Landing (IMM 1000), Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Permanent Resident Card.
•If your close relative is a Canadian citizen: proof of Canadian citizenship, such as a photocopy of pages of a Canadian passport or Canadian citizenship card.
•Proof that your relative is currently living in Canada.

The only thing I would add was that I nearly forgot the marriage certificate that linked my sister's current surname to the maiden name that linked our birth certificates.

Bali
Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

thanks for that bali,
ive got the london forms, but im unsure as to what information is required for the fourth bullet point.

thanks
Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:32 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kamshaft
thanks for that bali,
ive got the london forms, but im unsure as to what information is required for the fourth bullet point.

thanks
sorry - I should have read it properly
- I used a utility bill and I think a drivers licience for good measure.

Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

so any gas/electricity/phone bill etc... would do then? and can it be a photo copy or dose it have to be an origional?
Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by kamshaft
so any gas/electricity/phone bill etc... would do then? and can it be a photo copy or dose it have to be an origional?
mine was a scanned colour copy, but that was because she emailed it to me from canada.

I'm not through that stage so can't guarantee it was successful
Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

ok thanks, more than likly mine will also be a scanned copy!!